New players number predictions

T-1000

I'm not doing all of the draft picks and undrafted guys. Feel free to add more guys and make your own predictions.

Devonta Smith - 6, confirmed

Landon Dickerson - No clue, wore 69 at Florida State and Alabama which is taken. 59 is taken also 

Milton Williams - 93 or 90, Hargrave switched to Williams college number of 97. Not much to choose from in the 90's and 70's

Zech McPhearson - 14, wore 8 at Texas Tech which is taken by a punter, wore 14 at Penn state

Kenny Gainwell - 9 or 39, his college number 19 is taken by umbrella man so 9 or 39 makes sense.

Marlon Tuipulotu - 51 or 93, wore 51 and 93 while at USC

Jacoby Stevens - 3, wore 3 at LSU before being given 7 as a senior which is a special number given out at LSU to a top senior

Jordan Howard - 24, wore 28 last year with the Eagles, then switched to 34. With Slay switching to 2 I'm guessing Howard gets his 24 back

Kerryon Johnson - 30, wore 33 with the Lions and 21 at Auburn both of which are taken. Not much for him to choose from so this is a total guess

Are they allowing a total free for all with numbers now, or have they expended only for certain positions?

2 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Are they allowing a total free for all with numbers now, or have they expended only for certain positions?

The expanded jerseys will allow running backs, tight ends, fullbacks, H-backs and wide receivers to wear numbers 1-49 and 80-89; defensive backs can choose from 1-49; linebackers 1-59 and 90-99; offensive linemen 50-79; and defensive linemen 50-79 and 90-99. QBs, kickers and punters will remain in 1-19.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-passes-rule-expanding-eligible-jersey-numbers

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

The expanded jerseys will allow running backs, tight ends, fullbacks, H-backs and wide receivers to wear numbers 1-49 and 80-89; defensive backs can choose from 1-49; linebackers 1-59 and 90-99; offensive linemen 50-79; and defensive linemen 50-79 and 90-99. QBs, kickers and punters will remain in 1-19.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-passes-rule-expanding-eligible-jersey-numbers

With the popularity of single digit and teen numbers among college players, QB's coming to a new team are going to have very little to choose from. The Eagles also have 15 retired and won't give out 12. Lurie needs to get over the whole not giving out certain numbers thing. I'm pretty sure 12, 25, and 87 are numbers he won't allow players to wear even though they aren't retired. Interested to see if 86 gets the same treatment if Ertz does end up traded or released. Personally, I think retiring numbers is an outdated and silly tradition.

1 minute ago, T-1000 said:

With the popularity of single digit and teen numbers among college players, QB's coming to a new team are going to have very little to choose from. The Eagles also have 15 retired and won't give out 12. Lurie needs to get over the whole not giving out certain numbers thing. I'm pretty sure 12, 25, and 87 are numbers he won't allow players to wear even though they aren't retired. Interested to see if 86 gets the same treatment if Ertz does end up traded or released. Personally, I think retiring numbers is an outdated and silly tradition.

They need to unretire #5.  :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, time2rock said:

They need to unretire #5.  :ph34r:

He's the best QB in franchise history. That said I think all numbers should be unretired.