Tawny Kitaen, '80s music video vixen, dead at 59

VaBeach_Eagle

Tawny Kitaen, known for her roles in a number of '80s music videos, has died. She was 59 years old. 

The Orange County coroner’s office said she died at her home in Newport Beach on Friday. The cause of death was not immediately released.

Her daughters, Wynter and Raine, confirmed their mother's death on Kitaen's Instagram account.

"We just want to say thank you for all of you, her fans and her friends, for always showing her such support and love. You gave her life everyday," their statement said.

Kitaen appeared in a number of music videos for the rock group Whitesnake including "Here I Go Again" and the heavy metal band RATT.

Tawny Kitaen died on Friday at age 59. No cause of death was given. 

Tawny Kitaen died on Friday at age 59. No cause of death was given.  (Jeff Kravitz/FilmMagic)

She also starred in the 1984 film "Bachelor Party" starring Tom Hanks and as Jerry Seinfeld's girlfriend in a 1991 episode of "Seinfeld."

Other TV credits included a stint as co-host of "America's Funniest People" and on the reality shows "The Surreal Life" and "Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew," in which she revealed her struggle with substance abuse.

Kitaen married Whitesnake ead singer David Coverdale in 1989 but the union was short-lived. She then married baseball star Chuck Finley and they have two daughters.

Coverdale tweeted a tribute to Kitaen on Saturday. "Just woke up to some very sad, unexpected news… Waiting on confirmation… but, if it is true, my sincere condolences to her children, her family, friends & fans," he said.

A rep for Kitaen didn't immediately respond to Fox News' request for comment. 

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/tawny-kitaen-music-video-vixen-dead

I think this was the first thing I ever saw her in:

Pretty sure I knew of her from Bachelor Party before she did the White Snake videos.  But I did watch that movie an ish ton as a teenager.  Still think it's Tom's finest work.

RIP. 

• Like 1

RIP.  Rewatch Witchboard and Crystal Heart in her honor.

Nice to see she aged gracefully

maxresdefault-1-900x506.jpeg

6 hours ago, paco said:

Yeah she was on botched. I was majorly into her when I was in junior high. RIP

20 hours ago, Green_Guinness said:

Pretty sure I knew of her from Bachelor Party before she did the White Snake videos.  But I did watch that movie an ish ton as a teenager.  Still think it's Tom's finest work.

RIP. 

Until a few minutes ago, I either didn't know that she was in it or I'd forgotten. But I did see that in the theater when it came out. At the time, I was only 15 and with it being R rated, that means that either my friends and I paid for a PG movie and snuck into Bachelor Party (which we frequently did with R rated movies lol), or we went with an older friend who could buy R rated movie tickets (which we occasionally did). 

As a side note, she was also in "The New WKRP in Cincinnati", back in the early 90's. 

11 hours ago, paco said:

Hit!