Greedy Williams (Browns CB) — Offseason Trade

philafan4o8

After missing all of the 2020-21 season with a shoulder injury and the Browns drafting Greg Newsome in the 1st round this past draft, Greedy Williams might be the odd man out. Williams, 2019 2nd rounder out of LSU, has a promising rookie year. 

Hard to see how he beats out Newsome for the right to start opposite Ward. Browns are in win now mode and may be able to parlay Williams for picks and maybe a player to help them on their "run” for this year.

This is almost like the Ronald Darby trade Howie made prior to 2017 season. I believe sending a 3rd and Jordan Matthews to the Bill for Darby. Maybe Eagles can trade 2022 3rd and Zach Ertz for Williams?

50 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

After missing all of the 2020-21 season with a shoulder injury and the Brown drafting Greg Newsome in the 1st round this past draft, Greedy Williams might be the odd man out. Williams, 2019 2nd rounder out of LSU, has a promising rookie year. 

Hard to see how he beats out Newsome for the right to start opposite Ward. Browns are in win now mode and may be able to parlay Williams for picks and maybe a player to help them on their "run” for this year.

This is almost like the Ronald Darby trade Howie made prior to 2017 season. I believe sending a 3rd and Jordan Matthews to the Bill for Darby. Maybe Eagles can trade 2022 3rd and Zach Ertz for Williams?

I like it.  Two years left, cap hits of 1.032 and 1.325 million the next two years.

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

I like it.  Two years left, cap hits of 1.032 and 1.325 million the next two years.

I didn’t even see the cap numbers and those are not bad at all. I think the right deal can get him out of Cleveland. Not sure how much interest the eagles had in Williams out of LSU but it’s worth a shot

Wow, they took another first round CB. I’m on board with that, wouldn’t give a 1 for him, but MAYBE a 2 for him and a 4. Zach Ertz is a great proposition though

He was inconsistent his rookie year. A lot of Browns fans aren’t sold on him and were really hoping for a first or second round CB. I wouldn’t give up more than a 3rd.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jenkins27 said:

He was inconsistent his rookie year. A lot of Browns fans aren’t sold on him and were really hoping for a first or second round CB. I wouldn’t give up more than a 3rd.

Correct, but he did show some promise for a 2nd rounder. I think Slay and Gannon will get him right over here.

Ertz and 3rd for him. Browns would be lucky to get that lol

5 hours ago, Jenkins27 said:

But I think a third would be fair value. He was up and down his rookie year and then missed last year due to an injury. Now the Browns have added another CB so I think a third and Ertz could be a good deal for them. 

• Like 1

A 3rd and Jordan Matthews for Darby = a 3rd and JJAW for Williams!  :excited:

• Like 1

They have 3 solid to good TEs over there, they aren’t gonna want Ertz. I’d do a 3rd straight up. 

A 3rd, a 4th and Ertz, but I agree we can't give away pitiful arsega Assside! LOL 😅

• 1 month later...

Browns have Hooper and they're paying him some decent money. I don't see why a 4th rd pick and maybe swap late draft picks can't get it done.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Godfather said:

Browns have Hooper and they're paying him some decent money. I don't see why a 4th rd pick and maybe swap late draft picks can't get it done.

And I'd absolutely do that. Give us options at CB without having to give up too much. 

• 3 weeks later...

I’d definitely be up for this move, think it’s a great idea honestly, depending on value. 4th is highest I’d go, and coming off a season ending injury it’s possible he could be traded for a 5th. 

It’d definitely benefit Greedy also. He gets legit chance to start still, and has a DC who has a respectable track record with DB. The cap hits are minimal, a mid round pick on a young talented yet inconsistent player is a good gamble on risk vs reward. But still a very big risk considering he was hurt all last year. I like this move more than signing a free agent.