time2rock

DeVonta

Posted: May 25th, 2021 | Author: Tommy Lawlor | Filed under: Philadelphia Eagles | 155 Comments

I am more excited about DeVonta Smith than any Eagles draft pick in a long time. Smith blew me away all year with his play at Alabama. I kept waiting for someone to slow him down, but it never happened. He truly was a special college player.

There is no guarantee he’ll make it in the NFL, but I absolutely believe in him. He’s physically gifted, but also has a focused, driven mindset. He’s willing to do whatever it takes to succeed. That can make or break a career in a league full of players who are physically gifted. Work ethic and attitude can make a huge difference.

I want to compare Smith to another Eagles receiver, but you really can’t. He is an unusal player, in a good way.

Smith has the route-running and hands of Jason Avant.

Smith has the run-after-catch ability of TO.

Smith has the toughness and physicality of Irving Fryar (had to throw in an old school guy).

I don’t know who to compare his body control to. I can’t think of a receiver who can twist, jump and adjust to the ball like Smith. He’s special in that area. Maybe you could go way back to Cris Carter. That’s really old school.

I cannot wait to watch this guy in action.

http://igglesblitz.com/2021/05/devonta/