Mychal Kendricks (ex-49ers LB) -- Released

ibleedgreen1990

Kendricks has solid sideline to sideline speed and is a solid but not great LB in the league. He would start along side Wilson and Singleton. Ideally Kendricks is just a one year stop gap while Tayor and Edwards get starter ready.  One/two year rental cause he is 30.

Pretty sure his off field stuff is behind him. Lets get 95 back in Eagles green. 

Starting LBs:

ROLB                 MLB                  LOLB

Kendricks           Wilson             Singleton

100% certain he would play for league minimum before he came back here. He couldn’t wait to get out

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

100% certain he would play for league minimum before he came back here. He couldn’t wait to get out

Could be the case. That was a different coaching staff though. A lot of people hated chip kelly.

14 hours ago, Jenkins27 said:

Hate that he smack talked Ertz when he left.

Yeah he called him soft I think right? Positive side is ertz Probly won’t be here.. lol

• Like 1

No need to sign a band aid that will only keep our own young LBs off the field delaying their development.  Edwards has starts under his belt, Wilson was a solid addition and will start, Singleton likely will start.  Beyond that let the young guys serve as depth and get whatever play time they can get … it will only expedite their development.  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, time2rock said:

No need to sign a band aid that will only keep our own young LBs off the field delaying their development.  Edwards has starts under his belt, Wilson was a solid addition and will start, Singleton likely will start.  Beyond that let the young guys serve as depth and get whatever play time they can get … it will only expedite their development.  

He’s competition. Since we don’t have Doug pederson anymore who will just play vets to play vets it think have kendricks here would both be a solid second option to the three you named and also insurance for an injury that would come cheap. 

Players progress well when they start nfl games but that’s not the only way they progress. 

4 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

Isn't he supposed to be in jail? 

I thought so too. Not sure what happened with that. He’s famous so he Probly got a slap on the wrist..

No thanks. Good solid player. Would be a nice depth piece if this was a good young team who were ready to compete. But all he would do is take snaps away from younger players who need those snaps. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

No thanks. Good solid player. Would be a nice depth piece if this was a good young team who were ready to compete. But all he would do is take snaps away from younger players who need those snaps. 

What about a scenario where he competes with the rookies and pushes them and then plays the back up role? As of now our three "starters” don’t really have any competition at all. I think if they get pushed then they stand a better chance to succeed. 

33 minutes ago, ibleedgreen1990 said:

What about a scenario where he competes with the rookies and pushes them and then plays the back up role? As of now our three "starters” don’t really have any competition at all. I think if they get pushed then they stand a better chance to succeed. 

I mean... Sure I guess? But Id rather see the guys play. 

11 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean... Sure I guess? But Id rather see the guys play. 

I’d rather see the guys we drafted succeed also. If they are even as far as skill, keep kendricks in the bench. 

think he could be solid competition and ideally a solid back up. 

13 hours ago, ibleedgreen1990 said:

I’d rather see the guys we drafted succeed also. If they are even as far as skill, keep kendricks in the bench. 

think he could be solid competition and ideally a solid back up. 

Agree with this.  Kendricks is a proven NFL veteran that would likely be cheap and could impart wisdom to the younger players.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Agree with this.  Kendricks is a proven NFL veteran that would likely be cheap and could impart wisdom to the younger players.

My thoughts exactly 

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Godfather said:

Didn't he go to jail? 

He's back! 

On 6/19/2021 at 11:04 AM, 20dawk4life said:

Isn't he supposed to be in jail? 

His sentencing hearing keeps getting pushed back, I think it was supposed to have happened in March but was rescheduled again to sometime this month, his co defendant got 3 years probation so jail isn't a certainty.

$3 says he goes to Dallas. Arent they thin at criminal LB's?