WFT Fined After Workplace Review

dweagle

(Totally unrelated to the topic at hand, but the topic at hand brought this to mind)

Whenever I'm out somewhere and I'm wearing anything Eagles (usually my LII hat), I'll get into football discussions and around here, there's essentially three main fanbases. Eagles, Steelers and Redskins. Whenever I talk to a Redskins fan, they call them the "Redskins", so far, not once has anyone (of any fanbase) that I've talked to called them the "Washington Football Team". 

Now, to the topic at hand, I saw that they were fined $10 Million. I haven't read too much on it yet, but I wonder of this is what Danny Boy has agreed to or if this is a surprise amount to him and he'll appeal it. 

I wonder why they still are calling them the Redskins? Is it out of habit, I wonder.  I'm Indiana, so I rarely come across anyone other than fair weather Colts fans. No one talks about the WFT here. LOL

About Snyder, I read a couple articles stating he is accepting responsibility.  It could be that he is truly sorry, or he is just saving face and will appeal behind the scenes.  Here is part of his statement:

"I have learned a lot in the past few months about how my club operated, and the kind of workplace that we had. It is now clear that the culture was not what it should be, but I did not realize the extent of the problems, or my role in allowing that culture to develop and continue. I know that as the owner, I am ultimately responsible for the workplace. I have said that and I say it again."

https://www.nfl.com/news/washington-owner-dan-snyder-statement-on-10m-fine-workplace-review-findings

$10 million is a slap on the wrist. The franchise is worth billions. Snyder will ultimately comply because he doesn't want to lose the franchise.

Washingtonians don't call them the "Football Team". What football team are you talking about? A high school? DeMatha? College? University of MD? 
They can't call them "Washington". Everything is in Washington. "Washington Football Team" is just a mouthful...
So they still call them Redskins, out of habit, and there is no established alternative. Everybody is waiting for an official nickname change and it hasn't happened yet.

Just reading the quotes from the statement by Daniel Snyder and maybe it’s because I’m Irish and don’t live in the untied states, but American companies and organisations really have mastered the ability to use lots of words and actually say absolutely nothing. It’s really a skill. And he are masters at the corporate jargon bull crap. But to get back to that team, isn’t his wife now in charge of the day to day operations ? 

• Like 1

No excuse for a nfl team to be run in a way that exploits their employees like Snyder and co have been.  

It’s really inexcusable actually and I can’t see how Snyder is allowed to remain one the the 32 owners   But here we are

It was run like a smorgasbord at a harem of captive women. Fine the crap out of Snyder. Hit him with 9 figures. That'll get his attention.

On 7/8/2021 at 9:17 AM, EaglesIreland said:

But to get back to that team, isn’t his wife now in charge of the day to day operations ? 

Right. Tanya is "in charge".... in name only. Meaning Dan Snyder still has control.