NFL analyst Greg Cosell on Eagles WR Travis Fulgham and his potential for a breakout season in 2021

time2rock

NFL analyst Greg Cosell on Eagles WR Travis Fulgham and his potential for a breakout season in 2021

Travis-Fulgham-Alshon-Jeffery-Doug-Pederson.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1
Josh Lynch 

July 13, 2021 7:57 pm ET

NFL Analyst Greg Cosell had some nice things to say about Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver Travis Fulgham during a recent podcast appearance.

During an appearance on the "Inside the Bird Podcast”, Cosell sounded off on the former Old Dominion wide-out, praising Fulgham’s potential at wide receiver despite him fading away as the second half of the season wore on.

"I liked what I saw. I can’t speak to work ethic, I can’t speak to professionalism, I can’t speak to any of that … but Fulgham is a big kid, runs well, I thought he showed good cutting ability, I thought he made contested catches. There were traits there to like. I can’t speak to what happened after [those four weeks], but there is talent there, clearly.”

Fulgham joined the Eagles after initially being waived by Howie Roseman, but upon his return, he exploded onto the scene.

Fulgham made his debut against the 49ers on Sunday Night Football where he had his first reception and scored his first touchdown. The following week Fulgham had 10 catches, 152 yards, and a touchdown against Pittsburgh.

He ended the season with 38 catches, 539 yards, and four touchdowns before seeing limited playing time with the return of Alshon Jeffery.

With DeVonta Smith on the roster and Jalen Reagor having a full offseason to improve, the physical wideout could find more room working from the slot and in open space.

https://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/2021/07/13/philadelphia-eagles-travis-fulgham-greg-cosell-talent-work-ethic-2021/

Whatever happened Sirianni and his coaches need to figure it out and either get him back to that level he showed or cut him. He's either going to be a pretty good WR or he's going to be the WR we saw after those first 4 games. If its the latter then he should have no place on this roster.