Alternative Monday Night Football

Agent23

The only MNF stuff that I watch is when the Eagles are playing. They could cancel the rest of the MNF schedule and I'd never notice. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

The only MNF stuff that I watch is when the Eagles are playing. They could cancel the rest of the MNF schedule and I'd never notice. 

but does the eagles season even matter if there are no other teams?

• Haha 1

I have a feeling that Peyton will be great at anything he does. Eli, not so much.

17 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I have a feeling that Peyton will be great at anything he does. Eli, not so much.

Eli will be great at Peyton making fun of him.

1 hour ago, Agent23 said:

but does the eagles season even matter if there are no other teams?

There's other teams, of course. But for the past couple of years, I only tend to watch the Eagles games. I have too much going on to be able to watch any more than that. Take Thursday Night Football, for instance. If the Eagles aren't playing, I tend to completely forget that there's a game being played. 

I'll pay attention to the scores and final results, because that affects the Eagles. But watching every game, for me, is a thing of the past. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

There's other teams, of course. But for the past couple of years, I only tend to watch the Eagles games. I have too much going on to be able to watch any more than that. Take Thursday Night Football, for instance. If the Eagles aren't playing, I tend to completely forget that there's a game being played. 

I'll pay attention to the scores and final results, because that affects the Eagles. But watching every game, for me, is a thing of the past. 

I didn't watch nearly as much football last year as I normally do. I completely ignores or forgot about all the Thursday and Monday night games and I didn't even care when I realized I missed it. Last year was just weird all around

• Like 1

I have great memories of MNF with Howard Cosell, Dandy Don and Frank Gifford.  It was a spectacle back in the day and lost its luster later on.  The kick in the groin to MNF is when the NFL decided to feature SNF as a headliner, and MNF was taken off ESPN.

It would be good for the league if MNF becomes a spectacle again.  This is a good start.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Procus said:

I have great memories of MNF with Howard Cosell, Dandy Don and Frank Gifford.  It was a spectacle back in the day and lost its luster later on.  The kick in the groin to MNF is when the NFL decided to feature SNF as a headliner, and MNF was taken off ESPN.

It would be good for the league if MNF becomes a spectacle again.  This is a good start.

Until my father bought a C Band dish for the house, halftime of MNF was the main way I was able to see any Eagles footage... unless they were playing the Redskins or by chance were on the opposite channel as the Redskins (in which case, I was relegated to a 13" black and white in the basement). 

It hasn’t been the same since Dennis Miller left, that’s for sure

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, paco said:

It hasn’t been the same since Dennis Miller left, that’s for sure

Yeah who would of thought it would.get worse!

• Like 1

On 7/19/2021 at 1:12 PM, paco said:

I think I’m in :lol: 

Say what you will about the Manning’s but they are hilariously goofy.  I’m in too!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SNOORDA said:

Say what you will about the Manning’s but they are hilariously goofy.  I’m in too!!

I will have to DVR and check it out.  My main FFL is out of a local sports bar, and part of the condition of the bar and a local car dealership throwing a bunch of cash in the prize pot, is we have to go to the location for Monday night football.  It is so loud, cant hardly hear the commentary, which the last couple years is not a bad thing.

13 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I will have to DVR and check it out.  My main FFL is out of a local sports bar, and part of the condition of the bar and a local car dealership throwing a bunch of cash in the prize pot, is we have to go to the location for Monday night football.  It is so loud, cant hardly hear the commentary, which the last couple years is not a bad thing.

The Monday Night game matchups are usually pretty bad so they needed a gimmick and they just might have nailed it with the Manning brothers.  

I'll give it a shot, they both have had success with SNL and other skits. They are both knowledgeable and funny I think this could be good. 

• Like 1

I still can’t believe Eli got a pass for that autograph scam fraud. Imagine being Eli Manning and stealing from people who could barely afford the stuff.

What a piece of dog 💩.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/9/2021 at 8:39 AM, Bacarty2 said:

I have 2 TV's in the bar, I'll be watching this with the sound on and the "regular" game with the sound off on the 2nd TV

I love 2 TVs

On 7/20/2021 at 8:37 PM, Procus said:

"Turn out the lights, the party's over."  

• Like 1

The Manning brothers can be funny together.

Petyon spoke for an hour or so years back at the company I used to work for (bank/credit card company in DE). We had a partnership with NFL/Visa. He seemed super smart, and really down to earth. Sarcastic and funny too.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/19/2021 at 4:12 PM, paco said:

I think I’m in :lol: 

I was wrong.  I’m out. 

• Haha 1