Trusted Philadelphia Eagles insider shares good news on Zach Ertz drama

time2rock

Trusted Philadelphia Eagles insider shares good news on Zach Ertz drama

by Geoffrey Knox

It’s sort of been a nightmare if you’re a Philadelphia Eagles fan, and truthfully, it’s kind of hard to remember, at times, where all of the drama started. We just went to be one day as both members of the media and Birds fans, and everything we used to tease Dallas Cowboys fans about became relevant to our own situations and favorite football team.

Who would have thunk that the Eagles were actually the team with all of the off-field drama and the meddling owner?

Well, let’s not get ahead of ourselves. The truth is Jerry Jones is meddlesome, but as far as those areas that we would label as being fit for a soap opera, it’s hard to deny that Dallas has been relatively quiet aside from some Ezekiel Elliott stuff here and there. It’s actually Philly that’s been the traveling reality show.

That’s why it’s good to see some good news coming out of the NovaCare Complex and one of the more trusted voices, whether you love him or not, for Eagles news.

Zach Ertz and the Philadelphia Eagles may be mending some broken fences.

No Philadelphia Eagles fan worth their salt has to be told who Howard Eskin is. He’s loved by some and hated by others, but whether you agree with his takes or not, Birds fans have learned over time that if he says something, you can take it to the bank.

Recently, he had this to say via his Twitter account about the Zach Ertz drama:

Latest on Eagles Zach Ertz. I know hear there is a great chance Ertz will be on (the) team at start of (the) season. Been told Zach will be there at start of training camp Tuesday. Zach has been working out in team facility for close to last 2 weeks with teammates. He’s over the issues.

Now, while that isn’t much, it’s important because we were told that, on one hand, seeing Ertz anywhere around team facilities again was highly unlikely, and on the other, this rift between the greatest tight end in team history and the organization was unrepairable.

This has to qualify as good news, and it is for one reason. This doesn’t necessarily mean that Ertz will be an Eagle for life. This doesn’t guarantee that a long-term deal is coming because, honestly, it probably won’t be. It just feels good to see that The long and short of everything is this.

Even if things don’t work out and Zach Ertz leaves anyway, at least the split won’t be as venomous as we once thought it would be. That has to count for something right? By a show of hands, who’s sick of seeing just about everyone who’s been associated with this team for a while leave the organization on bad terms?

https://insidetheiggles.com/2021/07/22/philadelphia-eagles-good-news-zach-ertz/

That's kind of good news. I mean it's good news because he's a good reliable player that can help Hurts as a go to guy. But at the same time that cap space could have been used to address the biggest issue on this team at CB.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That's kind of good news. I mean it's good news because he's a good reliable player that can help Hurts as a go to guy. But at the same time that cap space could have been used to address the biggest issue on this team at CB.

Agreed.  That's one thing Howie has never done well during his tenure as GM here, is figure out when and how to trade a veteran player to get a decent return.  He needs to find another GM in his mold somewhere out there in which to deal with (3rd for Tate, 4th for Avery, etc.).  He always ends up on the wrong side of those deals.  

• Like 1

That "trusted Eagle Insider" also said that there is a 90% chance the Eagles trade for Deshaun Watson when he is available.

Not sure why that is good news. Look I love Ertz for what he has done in the past, but it’s time to move on. They should have traded him in the 2019 offseason to get decent value. 

40 minutes ago, Perforator said:

That "trusted Eagle Insider" also said that there is a 90% chance the Eagles trade for Deshaun Watson when he is available.

To be honest I think that is still a pretty good bet. They want to wait and see how the legal stuff develops and if there’s going to be a commissioners exempt list in his future, but I do still believe there is a good chance they make a big play for Watson. 

42 minutes ago, nipples said:

To be honest I think that is still a pretty good bet. They want to wait and see how the legal stuff develops and if there’s going to be a commissioners exempt list in his future, but I do still believe there is a good chance they make a big play for Watson. 

I hope they wait until the legal process completely plays out (which is likely going to take the entirety of the 2021 season minimally) before giving any real consideration to pursuing Watson.  That will also give us a full year to get a better evaluation of Hurts.  TBH I’d much prefer Hurts plays well such that we can move forward with him and use those 3 (expected) 1st rd picks to add some top end talent to further build the team.  Plus having Hurts on his rookie contract allows us so much more flexibility cap wise rather than having to allocate  20% of the cap to QB.  

• Like 1