Dexter Returns: Nov 7

NOTW

The show went downhill in the last few seasons the first time around. Will rebooting in a new location work?

12 hours ago, devpool said:

I think I watched 4 seasons of this before it got boring and repetitive

Same - I watched the first 4 seasons, then gave it up.  I was really into it for awhile, but it did get old.  Reading the plot summaries on wikipedia, sounds like it really went off the rails there towards the end.  I'll probably check this out, however.  

FWIW, apparently the lead writer for the first four seasons before leaving (which was the best part of the show), is back to write for this. So ya never know. 

• Like 2

The first 1-2 seasons Dexter is so devoid of all emotion and humanity. He's an expert killing machine that gets away with everything and takes all his victims by surprise. Around the time of the Lithgow season he becomes more and more human, and even makes a baby. Once he develops humanity and emotional connections, his stalking/serial killing gets more and more sloppy. No idea if that was ever "intentional" but I did like the symmetry of that balance. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Agent23 said:

The first 1-2 seasons Dexter is so devoid of all emotion and humanity. He's an expert killing machine that gets away with everything and takes all his victims by surprise. Around the time of the Lithgow season he becomes more and more human, and even makes a baby. Once he develops humanity and emotional connections, his stalking/serial killing gets more and more sloppy. No idea if that was ever "intentional" but I did like the symmetry of that balance. 

I kind of hated it TBH.

He’s a psychopath. You don’t just become not a psychopath. Dexter was best when everything was a front.