Marquette King (out of NFL) -- Free Agent

ibleedgreen1990

Cameron Johnston is gone and we have a big question mark at punter. Not the most important position on the roster but King is really good and available.

he is 32 but also is a punter so can play a lot longer than other positions. Think he would be out the guy we have now.

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah I mean they need to address the position and having a good punter is underrated.

I don't think they make any immediate moves ... I think they wait to get a decent look at Siposs first.  He reportedly does have a "booming leg" (nj.com's Kaye's words).  How well he can place the ball will need to be determined and likely dictate whether or not they need to add someone else.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, time2rock said:

I don't think they make any immediate moves ... I think they wait to get a decent look at Siposs first.  He reportedly does have a "booming leg" (nj.com's Kaye's words).  How well he can place the ball will need to be determined and likely dictate whether or not they need to add someone else.  

Ok yeah that's fair. I mean if he has a big leg then hopefully then can help him with that accuracy and then he could be a good punter long term for this team.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Ok yeah that's fair. I mean if he has a big leg then hopefully then can help him with that accuracy and then he could be a good punter long term for this team.

We shall see. 

What lead King to be out of the league? I feel like I saw ............something........ but cant recall what it was about him

4 hours ago, What The F said:

What lead King to be out of the league? I feel like I saw ............something........ but cant recall what it was about him

I didn't read what it was but the headline was he is the first drama queen punter in the league lol

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/28/2021 at 11:11 PM, time2rock said:

His accuracy isn't great. When he played in the AFL he was known as a long kick that could cover a lot of distance but wasn't accurate consistently by foot

On 7/29/2021 at 3:57 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He is also 29 this year. He may have 5-10 years ahead of him as a punter but he isn't young. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
4 hours ago, Cheesteakitis said:

since we didn’t draft a punter is this worth looking into?

Sure I think it would be. Sippos had a good start to his NFL career but he then fell off a cliff. They at least need to bring in some competition.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cheesteakitis said:

since we didn’t draft a punter is this worth looking into?

Having made only 5 picks I'm glad we didn't draft a punter.  I'm sure they'll be adding a punter or 2 to the mix in the coming weeks.