Giants once again off to a good start

NOTW

23 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

You mean the same division you have been in for the same 5 years? Don't see how that makes any difference but good luck.

A terrible Giants team was a win away from the playoffs last year. It makes a difference. The one negative is teams that play in crappy divisions get exposed in the playoffs. See NFC East 2021. 

2 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

A terrible Giants team was a win away from the playoffs last year. It makes a difference. The one negative is teams that play in crappy divisions get exposed in the playoffs. See NFC East 2021. 

It hasn't made a difference playing in this division for the last decade, but next year its going to matter?

8 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

It hasn't made a difference playing in this division for the last decade, but next year its going to matter?

Like I said there’s only one team way out in front from a talent perspective and they can’t seem to pull it together. I do think the WFT is a QB away from being dangerous. The Giants and Eagles have multiple holes. Both will most likely be looking for new QBs next season, but both also have significant draft capital. 

1 minute ago, BKLYNYG said:

Like I said there’s only one team way out in front from a talent perspective and they can’t seem to pull it together. I do think the WFT is a QB away from being dangerous. The Giants and Eagles have multiple holes. Both will most likely be looking for new QBs next season, but both also have significant draft capital. 

This is where our opinions differ. Eagles have multiple holes. The entire Giants roster is a hole.

7 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

This is where our opinions differ. Eagles have multiple holes. The entire Giants roster is a hole.

I don’t blame anyone for seeing it that way, but I watch this team closely. I see lots skill position talent that’s not being used correctly and a defense that’s asked to do entirely too much. They’re a pass rusher away from being pretty good (points against was top 15 until the wheels fell off the final 6 games without Jones). 

9 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

Cowboys

Eagles

Redskins

Giants

Ha, the Eagles had one pro bowler, a 34 year old center. 

15 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Ha, the Eagles had one pro bowler, a 34 year old center. 

And the Colts had piles of them! Yay!

23 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

I don’t blame anyone for seeing it that way, but I watch this team closely. I see lots skill position talent that’s not being used correctly and a defense that’s asked to do entirely too much. They’re a pass rusher away from being pretty good (points against was top 15 until the wheels fell off the final 6 games without Jones). 

I just dont see it.

And see? You went out of your way to point out "points against was top 15 for 11 games of the 17 game season (congrats I guess?)", but complete dismissed when I told you we were 10th overall in defense for the entire season. It's just an odd way to look at things.

4 hours ago, Boogyman said:

Yeah it must suck for you to have to watch us on TV since you never get to see your team play this time of year.

Boogy me friend, I watched the Bob Ross channel on ROKU after the half....... cuz y'all got yur clocks cleaned so bad. do the Giants suck? oh hell yes. 

But the Eagles weren't a playoff team, anyway. Just get on the couch with the rest of us.:facepalm:

5 minutes ago, GA4M said:

Boogy me friend, I watched the Bob Ross channel on ROKU after the half....... cuz y'all got yur clocks cleaned so bad. do the Giants suck? oh hell yes. 

But the Eagles weren't a playoff team, anyway. Just get on the couch with the rest of us.:facepalm:

You brought them up in the Giants thread, not me. I mean, I get it. After getting owned by us for so many years now, I'm sure it's all you can think about most days. 

7 minutes ago, GA4M said:

I agree really, the 7th seed is BS.  eagles & Steelers had no biz in the playoffs.  Bucs & Chiefs deserved byes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dawkins4prez said:

I agree really, the 7th seed is BS.  eagles & Steelers had no biz in the playoffs.  Bucs & Chiefs deserved byes.

Oh I don't like anything about the changes they made to both the regular season and playoff format.  But I'm trying to stay somewhat on topic and just talk about how awful NY has been for quite some time now and how bleak the next year or so looks for them.

3 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Lol, the NFL really wanted the Cowboys to win that game yesterday. I knew the Bucs would win too... tut the Bucs need to step it up, no give-me games from here on out.

5 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

You brought them up in the Giants thread, not me. I mean, I get it. After getting owned by us for so many years now, I'm sure it's all you can think about most days. 

Yeah, I wake each day all hurt over a football team:lol:

5 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

Oh I don't like anything about the changes they made to both the regular season and playoff format.  But I'm trying to stay somewhat on topic and just talk about how awful NY has been for quite some time now and how bleak the next year or so looks for them.

Right.  if the definition of "playoff quality team" is being as good as your typical 7th best team in the conference, well then, yes, the Eagles were absolutely on par with that.

4 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Right.  if the definition of "playoff quality team" is being as good as your typical 7th best team in the conference, well then, yes, the Eagles were absolutely on par with that.

Again, the Eagles are irrelevant in this discussion. Who even called them that?

1 hour ago, Boogyman said:

I just dont see it.

And see? You went out of your way to point out "points against was top 15 for 11 games of the 17 game season (congrats I guess?)", but complete dismissed when I told you we were 10th overall in defense for the entire season. It's just an odd way to look at things.

Fair point, but like I said a bunch of times, the schedule helped the Eagles more than any other team. Also you were 18th in points against, not top 10. 

The Giants let up less than 2 points per game (1.8) more with an offense that was anemic. 

2 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

Fair point, but like I said a bunch of times, the schedule helped the Eagles more than any other team. Also you were 18th in points against, not top 10. 

The Giants let up less than 2 points per game (1.8) more with an offense that was anemic. 

I said total defense.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

I think we did something right. I’m shocked. 😦

I have to agree here. The Giants could end up being the team that successfully pries away Brian Daboll away from Buffalo to be their next HC. 😳

Daboll had interview opportunities last year but ultimately stayed put, including reported interest from the Eagles last year. The Giants do have talent at the skill positions, but they need to beef up their lines and figure out their QB situation. 

Maybe the NFC East will become more competitive after all? 

Our best hope this coaching cycle is that someone takes Jonathan Gannon off our hands as their HC and allows us to hire an aggressive, experienced DC like Vic Fangio or Mike Zimmer 😄

21 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

I have to agree here. The Giants could end up being the team that successfully pries away Brian Daboll away from Buffalo to be their next HC. 😳

Daboll had interview opportunities last year but ultimately stayed put, including reported interest from the Eagles last year. The Giants do have talent at the skill positions, but they need to beef up their lines and figure out their QB situation. 

Maybe the NFC East will become more competitive after all? 

Our best hope this coaching cycle is that someone takes Jonathan Gannon off our hands as their HC and allows us to hire an aggressive, experienced DC like Vic Fangio or Mike Zimmer 😄

I’ve debated this extensively in this thread, but I do believe the Giants have something to work with. They just need a competent GM to fill in the holes. KC rebuilt their entire OL in one year!! WTF are we doing?? 

On 1/21/2022 at 8:40 PM, wrestlevessel said:

Giants in excellent shape. Everyone is saying this Bills guy is outstanding.

The Giants are much, much closer to the Ray Handly years than they are to being in "excellent shape".

• Like 1

Eli Apple muses on Twitter about which fanbase he hates more:

The Saints are loathsome, yes. But as an Eagles fan I can definitely say the Giants fans are worse.  :P

1 minute ago, toolg said:

Eli Apple muses on Twitter about which fanbase he hates more:

The Saints are loathsome, yes. But as an Eagles fan I can definitely say the Giants fans are worse.  :P

Are there even any Giants fans left anymore? Their home crowds were about as pathetic as I can ever remember seeing, not even a free medium soda could get them to go to a game.

• Haha 1