Giants once again off to a good start

NOTW

2 hours ago, Boogyman said:

Are there even any Giants fans left anymore? Their home crowds were about as pathetic as I can ever remember seeing, not even a free medium soda could get them to go to a game.

Tune to WFAN in New York and there's still plenty of blustering on the radio. I imagine that is the type of fan Apple is talking about.

5 hours ago, toolg said:

Tune to WFAN in New York and there's still plenty of blustering on the radio. I imagine that is the type of fan Apple is talking about.

Don't real NYers prefer the Jets?

2 hours ago, mihailo said:

Don't real NYers prefer the Jets?

It depends. The NYers I know are either Giants/Yankees or Jets/Mets. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, toolg said:

It depends. The NYers I know are either Giants/Yankees or Jets/Mets. 

I was a rare Yankee-Eagle-Pacer fan until about 15 years ago when I realized I find baseball really boring.

The Yankee thing I was born into from my grandparents, they were huge fans and I went to about 25 games a year when I was young.

1 hour ago, Boogyman said:

I was a rare Yankee-Eagle-Pacer fan until about 15 years ago when I realized I find baseball really boring.

The Yankee thing I was born into from my grandparents, they were huge fans and I went to about 25 games a year when I was young.

I'm like you. I am a rare Eagles/Yankees fan. I am from Northern NJ and my brother was a rebel and followed Cunningham and hated the Giants so I followed his footsteps and never looked back. I like the Yankees but since they always win and things come easy for them I root for the Eagles a lot more than the Yankees, but I am still a fan of them. In their own division I sort of like the Blue Jays too because they have good fan support and don't cheer for the Yankees on road games like most teams do. In Baltimore everyone cheers for the Yankees lol. But I thought the Sky Dome was a cool Stadium and like the Lady Behind Home Plate and the fans who are umpires.

Amazingly I supported your 3rd favorite team too. I never really loved the NBA but I liked it more in the 90s and early 2000s. I miss the NBA on NBC. I liked Larry Bird and he coached them and they had great players like Smits and Miller. 

Bottom line today I only follow NFL and MLB and the Eagles are my #1 team.

Most people in Northern NJ are Giant fans. But football is a sport where a bunch of people like other teams and not the local team. When I was in high school there were a ton of Cowboy fans. We definitely have more Cowboy fans than Jet fans in this area. The Steelers are kind of a popular team in this area too. I was the only Eagles fan from my grade but I think I did know 1-2 other people from my high school who liked them. When I was in high school the years were great. (2001-2005). So we were division champions every year with 01, 02, 03, and 04. 

6 hours ago, wrestlevessel said:

Most people in Northern NJ are Giant fans. But football is a sport where a bunch of people like other teams and not the local team. When I was in high school there were a ton of Cowboy fans. We definitely have more Cowboy fans than Jet fans in this area. The Steelers are kind of a popular team in this area too. I was the only Eagles fan from my grade but I think I did know 1-2 other people from my high school who liked them. When I was in high school the years were great. (2001-2005). So we were division champions every year with 01, 02, 03, and 04. 

I'm in south Jersey now, it's Eagles country here. Before I was on the shore in Central Jersey, and that's mostly Giants fans.

6 hours ago, wrestlevessel said:

I'm like you. I am a rare Eagles/Yankees fan. I am from Northern NJ and my brother was a rebel and followed Cunningham and hated the Giants so I followed his footsteps and never looked back. I like the Yankees but since they always win and things come easy for them I root for the Eagles a lot more than the Yankees, but I am still a fan of them. In their own division I sort of like the Blue Jays too because they have good fan support and don't cheer for the Yankees on road games like most teams do. In Baltimore everyone cheers for the Yankees lol. But I thought the Sky Dome was a cool Stadium and like the Lady Behind Home Plate and the fans who are umpires.

Amazingly I supported your 3rd favorite team too. I never really loved the NBA but I liked it more in the 90s and early 2000s. I miss the NBA on NBC. I liked Larry Bird and he coached them and they had great players like Smits and Miller. 

Bottom line today I only follow NFL and MLB and the Eagles are my #1 team.

Baseball was my favorite sport to watch when I was real young. Again my grandparents were huge Yankee fans and I spent a lot of time with them during my gradeschool years. Funny thing about it is the Yankees were crap when I started watching and by the time they got really good I lost interest in the sport lol. I did get to go to game 6 of the 96 world series (clinching game) though. 

14 hours ago, Boogyman said:

Baseball was my favorite sport to watch when I was real young. Again my grandparents were huge Yankee fans and I spent a lot of time with them during my gradeschool years. Funny thing about it is the Yankees were crap when I started watching and by the time they got really good I lost interest in the sport lol. I did get to go to game 6 of the 96 world series (clinching game) though. 

Just funny we support a lot of the same teams.

On 1/24/2022 at 11:36 PM, wrestlevessel said:

I am from Northern NJ and my brother was a rebel and followed Cunningham and hated the Giants so I followed his footsteps and never looked back.

Amazing that you would admit that and stick to it. The Parcells/Simms/LT Giants were a force back in those days. The heyday of NFC East, when the Giants, Washington, and Cowboys won  back-to-back-to-back Super Bowls (not the Eagles). Part of my extended family is from North Jersey/Giants fans and they sure let me know about it.

2 hours ago, Procus said:

New Giants GM wants to build offense around Daniel Jones.  :roll:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33152834/new-york-giants-trade-deshaun-watson-seek-build-offense-daniel-jones

New York Giants won't trade for Deshaun Watson, seek to 'build an offense around' Daniel Jones

Why don’t the Eagles trade for Watson? Are they building around Hurts? 

Just now, BKLYNYG said:

No, they are building WITH Hurts.  Hurts is not the projected long term solution at QB.  But he's an inexpensive second round pick on a rookie contract.  Unlike the Giants, the Eagles didn't burn a #6 overall pick on a subpar QB.

1 hour ago, Procus said:

No, they are building WITH Hurts.  Hurts is not the projected long term solution at QB.  But he's an inexpensive second round pick on a rookie contract.  Unlike the Giants, the Eagles didn't burn a #6 overall pick on a subpar QB.

Instead you wasted your first rounder on a talentless WR and burned your second round pick on a QB that’s "not projected to be the long term starter.” Genius. 

1 hour ago, BKLYNYG said:

There is more to this than "Watson or Hurts". In a complete vacuum, neither the Giants or Eagles would pick their guy over Watson in any plain of existence. He is obviously much, much more talented than any teams QB by miles.

But my answer would be simple for us, cap space. We are hurting bad there. The way I look at it we pretty much have to have a cheap QB on the roster for the next couple years. My guess would be Hurts gets another year next season with some cheap competition having an outside chance of taking the job at some point.

2 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Instead you wasted your first rounder on a talentless WR and burned your second round pick on a QB that’s "not projected to be the long term starter.” Genius. 

And won more than twice as many games as you guys with a rookie head. Pathetic, huh

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Procus said:

New Giants GM wants to build offense around Daniel Jones.  :roll:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33152834/new-york-giants-trade-deshaun-watson-seek-build-offense-daniel-jones

New York Giants won't trade for Deshaun Watson, seek to 'build an offense around' Daniel Jones

They should never of drafted Barkley. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

True, Reagor was a huge reach and a waste of a pick.  He was drafted with the #21 overall pick.  Your genius, Gettlemen, burned a #6 overall pick on Jones.

:roll::roll::roll::roll:

And a #2 overall on a running back.

:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

1 minute ago, Procus said:

True, Reagor was a huge reach and a waste of a pick.  He was drafted with the #21 overall pick.  Your genius, Gettlemen, burned a #6 overall pick on Jones.

How did that 8th they spent on Beckham work out for them? Lmao.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Boogyman said:

There is more to this than "Watson or Hurts". In a complete vacuum, neither the Giants or Eagles would pick their guy over Watson in any plain of existence. He is obviously much, much more talented than any teams QB by miles.

But my answer would be simple for us, cap space. We are hurting bad there. The way I look at it we pretty much have to have a cheap QB on the roster for the next couple years. My guess would be Hurts gets another year next season with some cheap competition having an outside chance of taking the job at some point.

Same for us and we’ll take the same approach. Build the team up and if Jones/Hurts is not the guy going forward  at least the new guy will have some talent to work with. 

And won more than twice as many games as you guys with a rookie head. Pathetic, huh

Here’s your participation trophy. Enjoy. 🏆 

16 hours ago, c_u_in_tampa said:

They should never of drafted Barkley. 

Correct. 

16 hours ago, Procus said:

And a #2 overall on a running back.

:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

That’s why he’s gone. Your GM is constantly in the crosshairs but he remains. 

How did that 8th they spent on Beckham work out for them? Lmao.

I absolutely hate Beckham, but how can you compare him to Reagor. Guy broke all kinds of records and dragged them to a playoff appearance in 2016, which based on the comments in this thread is a successful season. 

10 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

I absolutely hate Beckham, but how can you compare him to Reagor. Guy broke all kinds of records and dragged them to a playoff appearance in 2016, which based on the comments in this thread is a successful season. 

I'm not comparing him to anyone. I asked how he worked out.  To clarify, I mean how did he work out for the Giants, not the Rams.

Barkley is another pick that was terrible. Yeah, Reagor is absolutely awful, but he wasn't picked number 2, 6 or 8. Hell, the last time we earned a pick that high (the Wentz pick was a trade up) I think was 4 or 5 and we got Lane Johnson.

17 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Here’s your participation trophy. Enjoy. 🏆 

Yeah I know, you prefer watching other teams play in the playoffs instead of your own. Weird, but at least you pretty much always get what you want.

7 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

I'm not comparing him to anyone. I asked how he worked out.  To clarify, I mean how did he work out for the Giants, not the Rams.

Barkley is another pick that was terrible. Yeah, Reagor is absolutely awful, but he wasn't picked number 2, 6 or 8. Hell, the last time we earned a pick that high (the Wentz pick was a trade up) I think was 4 or 5 and we got Lane Johnson.

Barkley was an awful pick, but I’m not sure Eagles fans should be bragging about draft success. You guys suck in the draft. You won a SB because of savvy FA signings. The Wentz pick is an even bigger screw up because of the trade up.