James Washington (Steelers WR) -- Potential Trade?

eaglesfan0075

Washington has formally requested a trade from the Steelers. He's entering the last year of his rookie deal and competing for snaps between Juju Smith-Schuster, Diontae Johnson, and Chase Claypool.

The Eagles could certainly use Washington and his skill as a deep threat. He can push for the No.2/3 WR spot here. The Steelers know how to draft WRs but have a logjam at WR right now.

I think we need to save our draft picks and find out what we have at wr. Wouldn’t be the biggest fan of a trade for Washington.

7 hours ago, ibleedgreen1990 said:

I think we need to save our draft picks and find out what we have at wr. Wouldn’t be the biggest fan of a trade for Washington.

What if the Eagles were to pull off a player for player trade?

The Steelers have a hole at OT and could use some depth. While it would stink to admit that Andre Dillard is nearing bust status, it might be better to get something of value out of him with Jordan Mailata essentially locking down the starting LT job. Granted, the last significant OT for WR trade the Eagles made didn't fare too well for us (Dennis Kelly to the Titans for Dorial Green-Beckham), but maybe this time things are different?

He's on an expiring contract so the Eagles could get a compensatory pick if Washington leaves in free agency. Obviously the hope is that he ends up being a keeper that the Eagles re-sign to a long-term deal. Washington is only 25 so he could easily fit the timeline for when this team plans to be competitive again.

9 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

What if the Eagles were to pull off a player for player trade?

The Steelers have a hole at OT and could use some depth. While it would stink to admit that Andre Dillard is nearing bust status, it might be better to get something of value out of him with Jordan Mailata essentially locking down the starting LT job. Granted, the last significant OT for WR trade the Eagles made didn't fare too well for us (Dennis Kelly to the Titans for Dorial Green-Beckham), but maybe this time things are different?

He's on an expiring contract so the Eagles could get a compensatory pick if Washington leaves in free agency. Obviously the hope is that he ends up being a keeper that the Eagles re-sign to a long-term deal. Washington is only 25 so he could easily fit the timeline for when this team plans to be competitive again.

I’d still feel the same way. I value Dillard higher than Washington given how strong we are at each position and how many young guys of our own we need to develop. 

if Washington is on the field, who do we take off? Fulgham? Reagor? No thanks. And I’m certainly not trading a draft pick to do that. 

3 hours ago, ibleedgreen1990 said:

I’d still feel the same way. I value Dillard higher than Washington given how strong we are at each position and how many young guys of our own we need to develop. 

if Washington is on the field, who do we take off? Fulgham? Reagor? No thanks. And I’m certainly not trading a draft pick to do that. 

Fulgham had his stretch of productivity but tailed off after Alshon came back in the lineup. Reagor showed some flashes last year but he needs to prove he can be the WR2 next to Smith.

As for your first point, I think there's a legitimate argument that a good backup OT is more valuable than a WR2/3. I see where you're coming from there, but am less worried about taking Fulgham/Reagor off the field. Plus this could open up more 3 and 4 WR sets.

3 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Fulgham had his stretch of productivity but tailed off after Alshon came back in the lineup. Reagor showed some flashes last year but he needs to prove he can be the WR2 next to Smith.

As for your first point, I think there's a legitimate argument that a good backup OT is more valuable than a WR2/3. I see where you're coming from there, but am less worried about taking Fulgham/Reagor off the field. Plus this could open up more 3 and 4 WR sets.

Lol. 

fulgham got benched while he was on fire by a crap coaching decision… same thing happened to mailata when peters came back.. so there goes that argument.. 

reagor is in year two and was a first round pick. I agree he needs to show more. How’s he gonna do that without being on the field? Cause he been getting better every day in practice. Go check that 1 handed catch vs slay, our top cb.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/eagles-training-camp-2021-observations-day-8-jalen-reagor-miles-sanders-milton-williams

We don’t need Washington. We would create even more of a log jam at wr and would have to give up a player or pick for it. Hard pass.

Hmm no thanks. Good player for sure but he doesn't fill the need that this team really need right now. They need a bigger WR, a go to guy. 

• 3 weeks later...

If that one-handed catch by Reagor is the only positive, and so far it seems to be, then it will be Smith at wr and don't know who else will show up. Smith only played a handful of downs but you could see the separation and cutting that he has to offer. He is a natural. Eagles could use some help at that position.

1 hour ago, slick1234 said:

If that one-handed catch by Reagor is the only positive, and so far it seems to be, then it will be Smith at wr and don't know who else will show up. Smith only played a handful of downs but you could see the separation and cutting that he has to offer. He is a natural. Eagles could use some help at that position.

At this point you have multiple one handed catches to choose from.. don’t sleep on reagor…

On 8/24/2021 at 7:20 PM, slick1234 said:

Those are just the ones we have video of. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/7/2021 at 3:11 PM, eaglesfan0075 said:

Washington has formally requested a trade from the Steelers. He's entering the last year of his rookie deal and competing for snaps between Juju Smith-Schuster, Diontae Johnson, and Chase Claypool.

The Eagles could certainly use Washington and his skill as a deep threat. He can push for the No.2/3 WR spot here. The Steelers know how to draft WRs but have a logjam at WR right now.

If would be good him on one side an Smith on the other .