Switching to an auction draft

DBW

My league is switching to auction style draft.  First time I’m doing this.  Any tips or advice to prepare? 

First is Join a free random auction draft ahead of time to get an understanding of how it works, I did auction for first time last year & did this. Helped me prepare for it. 

Don’t overpay early, if you throw too much money at Henry or CMC right off the bat you’ll be hurting to fill up your roster. Find some good value picks in mid rounds. Auction draft is great, feels more fair to get an opportunity to draft any player. 

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Ok I have my draft in 2 hours but I’m I unfortunately not going to be able to sit through the whole thing.  I have another commitment at 9:30 so I’ll have about an hour and a half tops to pick players.  Our budget is $250.  Would I be bad to try to load up early?  We do 2 qb, 2 wr, 2 RB, 2 flex, 1 te league.  

I’m thinking try to get 2 solid backs and 2 solid wrs….load up on skill positions with $200 or so and then let the bots auto draft the rest for me.  

7 minutes ago, DBW said:

Ok I have my draft in 2 hours but I’m I unfortunately not going to be able to sit through the whole thing.  I have another commitment at 9:30 so I’ll have about an hour and a half tops to pick players.  Our budget is $250.  Would I be bad to try to load up early?  We do 2 qb, 2 wr, 2 RB, 2 flex, 1 te league.  

I’m thinking try to get 2 solid backs and 2 solid wrs….load up on skill positions with $200 or so and then let the bots auto draft the rest for me.  

Load up on your starters, then hope the bot can’t screw up your bench.

• Like 1

Bid up your friends, especially if you know they are high on someone. I also wouldn't go crazy on spending a large amount on a single WR. There are plenty of options and you can get someone else who might be a slight step below but at a fraction of the cost. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Bid up your friends, especially if you know they are high on someone. I also wouldn't go crazy on spending a large amount on a single WR. There are plenty of options and you can get someone else who might be a slight step below but at a fraction of the cost. 

I’ve always had good success at WR over the years, usually get one stud and a bunch of solid number twos (pun intended).  😂  we dropped to 10 teams this season so the player pool will be much much better than typical.  We run deep benches and good waivers are very scarce.  With 10 Teams I feel better about missing some of the draft.  

Well, here it is:

I picked the first 5 - both backs and wrs, and then henderson, then let the autobot do the rest. I don’t hate it. Qb will need upgrading I feel.

3060FC8F-9B86-4709-8A67-8D00687870AA.png

BCDFFC44-33A4-405A-8C42-36A402168EC6.png