Eagles training camp: Brandon Graham impressed with Tarron Jackson, Milton Williams

time2rock

Eagles training camp: Brandon Graham impressed with Tarron Jackson, Milton Williams

Eagles-defense-.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1
Glenn Erby 

August 4, 2021 4:55 pm ET

Brandon Graham is entering his 12th NFL season with the expectation that he’ll play mentor to two young rookies hell-bent on taking away his snaps.

On Tuesday, Graham reflected on his career in Philadelphia, the Eagles’ young talent along the defensive line, and the huge chip he’ll carry on his shoulder in 2021.

During April’s NFL draft, Philadelphia drafted hybrid defensive tackle Milton Williams in the third round and then doubled back for Coastal Carolina pass rusher Tarron Jackson in the sixth round.

The Eagles have the expectation that Graham will mentor the two talented young players while trying to hold on status among the franchise.

While addressing the media on Tuesday, Graham had this to say about Williams and Jackson.

"With training camp, you want to try so many different things, see what you got, see what people can do,” Graham said. "Milton, that boy came in, looking lean, looking fast. I’m excited man, for the rooks. Like Tarron Jackson, I’m telling you, them boys, I’m just trying to give them everything I got as far as the information, how to be a pro, just get your regimen down with what you do every day, and just come to work.”

Williams is the prize defender of the draft and he’ll eventually become a younger version of Graham, with his ability to play stout against the run, or disrupt the opposition passing opportunities.

If Jackson can translate his natural ability as a pass rusher into a prominent role as a rookie, Philadelphia could have the most effective pass rush in the league.

https://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/2021/08/04/philadelphia-eagles-brandon-graham-tarron-jackson-milton-williams-impressive-rookies/?utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR1jImh8BNtNYwM6tv0haQC2SFzCn9FzI4WD83hROzKdzHOUnYQ4tArrEzQ

20 hours ago, time2rock said:

Williams is the prize defender of the draft and he’ll eventually become a younger version of Graham, with his ability to play stout against the run, or disrupt the opposition passing opportunities.

A younger version of BG? He's a DT...