CJ Henderson (Jaguars CB) -- TRADED TO CAROLINA

eaglesfan0075

There are rumors that the Jaguars are shopping around C.J. Henderson, their 1st round pick from last year. He reportedly doesn't fit what they want to do with their defense, it does not appear to be off-the-field related like Deshaun Watson from what I have heard.

Henderson showed promise during his rookie season, before it became derailed with a groin that put him on injured reserve. 

The Jags likely won't recoup a 1st round pick at this point and probably won't accept much less than a 2nd round pick. The Jags will probably get some pretty good offers from other teams so it'll likely take at least a 2nd round pick and a starting caliber player. Thoughts?

I'm thinking a 2nd round pick and Zach Ertz would get it done. The Eagles sent a 3rd and WR Jordan Matthews to the Bills for a former 2nd round CB in Ronald Darby, who had 1.5 years left on his deal at the time of the trade. Henderson is just entering his 2nd year and has a 5th year option as a first round pick, so he'll likely fetch more than that via trade.

The Jaguars are so weak at TE that they are experimenting with Tim Tebow after being out of football for years and playing baseball instead. They could use Ertz as a safety net for rookie QB Trevor Lawrence as he adjusts to the pros.

David Caldwell was the Jaguars GM last year and he is now a personnel executive with the Eagles. He could provide some more insight on Henderson and I can see the Eagles make a move for him as someone who can be a building block for our secondary long term.

Steve Nelson is only here on a 1 year deal and will probably take a big money deal elsewhere if he plays well. Darius Slay isn't getting any younger, and even if we get lucky with Zech McPhearson developing into a starter, we can use another CB to start alongside him in a few years.

Yesssss. I was waiting for someone to make this. 

if we could make it happen for a 2 and ertz… given how many picks we have… I would be so happy. 

and we have goedert to start with Tyree jackson looking like a steal for depth behind him. 

2 hours ago, ibleedgreen1990 said:

Yesssss. I was waiting for someone to make this. 

if we could make it happen for a 2 and ertz… given how many picks we have… I would be so happy. 

and we have goedert to start with Tyree jackson looking like a steal for depth behind him. 

Not to mention our pitiful history of drafting CBs since the 2002 draft that landed us Lito Sheppard and Sheldon Brown. Richard Rodgers as a TE2/3 is sufficient in of itself, now we have Tyree Jackson as a sleeper to make some noise in the regular season after the preseason is over.

The only way the Eagles could have drafted Henderson in 2020 would have been a big trade up into the top 10. It's possible that a contender considers giving up a late 1st for him, but if not, the Eagles should strongly consider the 2nd round pick and Ertz package.

Trevor Lawrence would suddenly have a nice well balanced offense to work with between DJ Chark, Laviska Shenault, Marvin Jones, Zach Ertz, Travis Etienne, and James Robinson at the offensive skill positions.

I’m pretty meh about this now we have Nelson. He wasn’t great last year and we’d be paying for his draft status.

Our CBS look solid this year. I know neither Slay or Nelson are long term solutions but one will probably stick in 2022 and beyond and we can see what we have in Zech before attacking a good class in the draft.

8 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

I’m pretty meh about this now we have Nelson. He wasn’t great last year and we’d be paying for his draft status.

Our CBS look solid this year. I know neither Slay or Nelson are long term solutions but one will probably stick in 2022 and beyond and we can see what we have in Zech before attacking a good class in the draft.

With how Nelson has been in camp I’d still be pretty excited. The fact he has a tiny contract, has been getting beat by literally everyone in camp, and he is on a 1 year deal… I’d move on this fast. Tbh I think we have a coaching staff that will actually play the best player. 

since we have 2 soon to be gone veterans, 1 unknown asset in McPherson, and nobody really behind him challenging on the outside I think this is a no brainer. 

muse a second to get a cb that was drafted in the top 10 last year and still have 3 first rounders for other positions… yes please.

1 hour ago, ibleedgreen1990 said:

With how Nelson has been in camp I’d still be pretty excited. The fact he has a tiny contract, has been getting beat by literally everyone in camp, and he is on a 1 year deal… I’d move on this fast. Tbh I think we have a coaching staff that will actually play the best player. 

Oh absolutely for sure! I mean I think Nelson is going to be a good player for us this year but he may only be here for a year. And we still need depth. I mean if Slay or Nelson get hurt or miss time (let's be honest there's a good chance of that) then we are still very thin. 

Add Henderson and then Nelson can be the back up both inside and outside. Not a bad situation to be in at all. 

Nope no thanks.... Not sure where you read he doesn't fit the scheme because they actually praised his man to man abilities. 

The reason those rumors started is because they are afraid he is going to quit because he is getting depressed because of injuries. The whole franchise said they are   100% behind Henderson and will do everything possible to get him back on track. 

So again I say no thank you. I will never want a player that is getting his ass kissed so he doesn't quit 

• Like 1

On 8/15/2021 at 7:24 AM, Bwestbrook36 said:

Nope no thanks.... Not sure where you read he doesn't fit the scheme because they actually praised his man to man abilities. 

The reason those rumors started is because they are afraid he is going to quit because he is getting depressed because of injuries. The whole franchise said they are   100% behind Henderson and will do everything possible to get him back on track. 

So again I say no thank you. I will never want a player that is getting his ass kissed so he doesn't quit 

That certainly changes things. Might be better to hold onto that draft pick then.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ibleedgreen1990 said:

I would do this so fast. 

It'll end up being Barnett for Cole on the Jets lol

If we were going to do this it would have been done by now. Howie Roseman is a Florida guy. If the Eagles don’t pick him up there is a huge reason. I know you all get excited because he was a top pick but the Jaguars are already wanting to give up a blue chip level player only after his first season. That’s a huge red flag