Kerryon Johnson waived

Hawkeye

Waived/injured with a knee injury.  If he clears waivers he can be placed on IR but it’s my understanding he can’t be added back to the Eagles active roster this season with that designation.  Jordan Howard is getting closer to making the final 53.

https://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/2021/08/17/philadelphia-eagles-waive-injured-kerryon-johnson/

Just now, Hawkeye said:

Waived/injured with a knee injury.  If he clears waivers he can be placed on IR but it’s my understanding he can’t be added back to the Eagles active roster this season with that designation.  Jordan Howard is getting closer to making the final 53.

https://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/2021/08/17/philadelphia-eagles-waive-injured-kerryon-johnson/

I've seen reports that he's already cleared waivers and we've added him to IR, which makes no sense to me if he can't come back off that this year.

3 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

I've seen reports that he's already cleared waivers and we've added him to IR, which makes no sense to me if he can't come back off that this year.

I think that happens automatically if a player isn’t claimed.  The team can then release him with an injury settlement and he can sign somewhere else.  But his Eagles season appears to be over.

I didn't think he would make it anyway, he is an injury waiting to happen. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

Which makes him fit right in. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, b_west3 said:

Lol, true. However, he wasn't a pick and isn't on a big contract so Howie doesn't need to save face on this one 

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

I think that happens automatically if a player isn’t claimed.  The team can then release him with an injury settlement and he can sign somewhere else.  But his Eagles season appears to be over.

Ah of course, although if it happened on 1st cut down day couldn't they have placed him straight on IR without Waivers and negotiated a settlement? If he was always going to be out for the season it seems unlikely he was going to get any interest on waivers and save us money?

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Pretty much why I’m not as high on Dickerson as others. I’m growing tired of using the words "if he can stay healthy” in regards to Eagles draftpicks and players. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hawkeye said:

Was not sold on Johnson.  The team has talent in the offensive backfield.  His absence will not be felt so much.

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Pretty much why I’m not as high on Dickerson as others. I’m growing tired of using the words "if he can stay healthy” in regards to Eagles draftpicks and players. 

I'm not really high on Dickerson for the same reasons I just like his ability more then others that they took these chances on. All he has to do is stay healthy 😁

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'm not really high on Dickerson for the same reasons I just like his ability more then others that they took these chances on. All he has to do is stay healthy 😁

Darn it! 😂🤣😂

• Haha 1

Not surprising that he was released or that he went unclaimed.  Best of luck to him getting healthy and continuing his career elsewhere in 2022.

Bummer for him that he's stuck on IR all year with an injury that presumably won't last all year and won't have an opportunity to work out for other teams.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Not surprising that he was released or that he went unclaimed.  Best of luck to him getting healthy and continuing his career elsewhere in 2022.

Bummer for him that he's stuck on IR all year with an injury that presumably won't last all year and won't have an opportunity to work out for other teams.

If the Eagles release him with an injury settlement he can sign and play with any team.  Just not here.

• Like 2

On 8/18/2021 at 10:08 AM, b_west3 said:

well..if we had signed/drafted him WHILE injured..he would have definitely fit in more!!!

• Like 1

On 8/24/2021 at 9:49 AM, flyerdog said:

well..if we had signed/drafted him WHILE injured..he would have definitely fit in more!!!

Nothing says Eagles more than that hurt "draft steal” guy.