American horror story

DBW

Anyone still watching this series?  New season starts tonight.  I stopped after season 5 I think, got too weird for me.  And can’t stand sarah Poulson.  But there’s not much good on tv these days so I might watch it.  

Catch it every year. Usually has a few redeemable episodes even if a down season. Roanoke is the last great season IMO, but will def still be watching. 

American Horror Stories on Hulu had some moments, but seemed more a vehicle for famous people’s kids 

Schmoopie got me into it.  We still have to watch 1984.  We also have over 70 jeopardy's on our DVR, so we are a tad behind 

7 minutes ago, paco said:

Schmoopie got me into it.  We still have to watch 1984.  We also have over 70 jeopardy's on our DVR, so we are a tad behind 

Don't

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Don't

:lol: That bad?

I get the 80s suck but usually even a bad season (Roanoke) is mildly entertaining.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, paco said:

:lol: That bad?

I get the 80s suck but usually even a bad season (Roanoke) is mildly entertaining.

Definitely wasn't their strongest effort - only season I didn't bother to finish.  :lol: 

• Like 1

I bailed on two of them. Freak show and 1984. The first one, Cult, and Apocalypse were my favorites. What's the plot of this season?

13 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

FWIW, I thought Roanoke was one of their better seasons, so maybe you'll like 1984 :lol: 

Roanoke easily one of the best

9 hours ago, Gannan said:

I bailed on two of them. Freak show and 1984. The first one, Cult, and Apocalypse were my favorites. What's the plot of this season?

A screen writer and his family move to some town in Boston to help his writers block.  He befriends a couple who help provide him a cure but it has some shall we say strange side effects.  I watched the 2 episode premier and it got me hooked.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/26/2021 at 9:36 AM, mikemack8 said:

Definitely wasn't their strongest effort - only season I didn't bother to finish.  :lol: 

Roanoke was definitely my favorite season.  Cult was up there for me as well.  I was hooked all the way through both of them.  Hilarious that 1984 was also the only season I didn't finish.  I don't know how they managed to F that one up, because the idea was great.  Only liked Freak Show because of Twisty the 'ukn clown.  That is one of the scariest characters I've ever seen on screen, especially when you learn that sick bastid's back story.  

Twisty The Clown GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I love this current season.  5 episodes through and it's a 'uked up as any of them.  The characters are great, and the setting is actually very cool too.  I believe 1 character calls it the tip of the deek of Massachusetts.  

Side note - As I was googling this gif, I saw adult Twisty costumes for sale all over the place.  I am now 100% dressing up as Twisty for Halloween.  

On 8/26/2021 at 9:13 AM, paco said:

I'm so sorry.

• Haha 1

This weeks episode was great.  Took an interesting turn, albeit it slightly predictable.  I just love how this is happening out in the broad daylight and nobody is really asking many questions.  😂 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DBW said:

This weeks episode was great.  Took an interesting turn, albeit it slightly predictable.  I just love how this is happening out in the broad daylight and nobody is really asking many questions.  😂 

That's the strangest part about this season.  Like.........how the F could anybody ever go to the grocery store or go to the beach?   Like ever?  There's a 50/50 shot you will die a horrible horrible death.  

• Like 1

On 9/24/2021 at 2:12 PM, hputenis said:

That's the strangest part about this season.  Like.........how the F could anybody ever go to the grocery store or go to the beach?   Like ever?  There's a 50/50 shot you will die a horrible horrible death.  

Yeah it's a little far fetched for my liking 

• Like 1