Cam Newton cut by the Pats

Wallyhorse

I'm surprised by this on face value and then I think about it more and I think... It isn't really surprising at all. 

23 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm surprised by this on face value and then I think about it more and I think... It isn't really surprising at all. 

I agree, but it was a shock because many expected Newton to actually be the starter in Week 1.

• Like 1

No, Minshew is the right answer.  Cam does not want to be a backup QB.  If Fitzmagic struggles in DC I expect a reunion with Ron Rivera, but Newton may be done.

Cam sucks...nothing new here..... and this move will upset the woke virtue signaling crowd/corporations

With the possible team penalties related to Covid outbreaks, an unvaxxed player like Cam is not a very attractive prospect for any team this season.

And Mac is the next Tom Brady, so there's that. 

6 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

I agree, but it was a shock because many expected Newton to actually be the starter in Week 1.

Oh I agree. The headline is a shock no doubt but the reality is Newton just isn't that good. 

Mac Jones has looked like the best QB so far in the pre season. Yeah yeah I know its just the pre season but you can tell if a guy has it, and he certainly does. It'll be interesting in a few years if he turns out better than Lance and SF gave all that up for nothing.

21 hours ago, Godfather said:

Jerry Jones will be all over him sooner rather than later 

Cowboys say they're happy with their QB room as is. We'll see I guess.