Miles Sanders looking forward to a huge season behind Eagles' offensive line

time2rock

Miles Sanders looking forward to a huge season behind Eagles' offensive line

Miles-Sanders-PFF-Fantasy-football-tiers.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1
Glenn Erby 

September 2, 2021 8:41 am ET

erby.JPG.891d1c721506826c1c4e84fb9b066ffa.JPG

Miles Sanders is one of the top young running backs in the NFL, but the Eagles explosive playmaker has yet to amass a 1,000-yard rushing season.

As Sanders enters year three, he’s strong, running behind a healthy offensive line and looking to have a breakout 2021 season.

"I want to be the best at everything I do,” Sanders said earlier in Training Camp. "I put in a lot of hard work and I’m just starting things, I feel. It’s my third year and I know the league, but I feel young and strong and ready to be the best I can be.”

Nick Sirianni will utilize a three-headed monster in the backfield, but Sanders is the bread and butter of the operation.

https://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/2021/09/02/eagles-miles-sanders-confident-offensive-line-1000-yard-season/?fbclid=IwAR3wrs07ac55oihZ6rYtXUpmqIkMbbwp8O-V2-fvsLqwik4h0U8-qHvi6CQ

Let's see what he's got this year. I hope we manage a relatively healthy OL and if we do then Sanders absolutely has to deliver. But the OL isn't going to help him catch passes instead of constantly dropping them!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Let's see what he's got this year. I hope we manage a relatively healthy OL and if we do then Sanders absolutely has to deliver. But the OL isn't going to help him catch passes instead of constantly dropping them!

That's why we drafted Gains 🙂

• Like 1

On 9/3/2021 at 4:11 PM, GreenbleedinNC said:

That's why we drafted Gains 🙂

From what we seen so far, he’s more than just "pretty good” but far from great.  I’d have a hard time signing him to a 2nd contract.  So yeah, I can easily see Gainwell being an eventual replacement for Sanders.  

3 hours ago, time2rock said:

From what we seen so far, he’s more than just "pretty good” but far from great.  I’d have a hard time signing him to a 2nd contract.  So yeah, I can easily see Gainwell being an eventual replacement for Sanders.  

Everyone had a year off last year due to the "crappy, non believer play" Time to put it up or GTFO. We need to at least show some semblance of wanting to win. I believe that was part of the reason for the entire shake-up. How many weeks until Wentz goes out in Indy? I'm thinking about 6,7 lol. Siri seems to have this team believing. This will hinge on the success of the O line Sanders,Smith and the TE's. Our defense is perennial undermanned,but they always play over their heads. With most of the O in place(maybe a touch up here and there),I really look forward to a more defense based draft next year. Our run D has usually been ok,it's those CB's getting burned deep and I hope Siri has corrected that,or at least made a start. I think we can beat the Falcons. That would be a nice morale booster

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Everyone had a year off last year due to the "crappy, non believer play" Time to put it up or GTFO. We need to at least show some semblance of wanting to win. I believe that was part of the reason for the entire shake-up

I agree. I think things needed a freshening up and that's exactly what they did this year. New coaches, a new QB and some new fresh faces on the field. Let's go Eagles. 

• Like 1

I am looking forward to watching the Eagles build a lead and then run the ball in the second half.

We will watch the OLine dominate the Cowboys, Giants, and Washington Football Team latein the games as Sanders and Gainwell run downhill, moving the chains.

To me, it's not Sanders or Gainwell. It's Sanders & Gainwell.

23 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

1. Don't fumble.

2. Catch the ball.

That is all.

Two things that Sanders seems to struggle with. Definitely got to fix that but I have my reservations there. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Two things that Sanders seems to struggle with. Definitely got to fix that but I have my reservations there. 

I think the rest of his skill set is good to go. Turnovers are killers and dropped passes hurt too, especially on third down. 

If he cleans up those two things, I think he will have a good year. Gainwell spelling him should keep him fresh too.

I'm hopeful for a strong backfield performance this season. Time will tell though.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

I think the rest of his skill set is good to go. Turnovers are killers and dropped passes hurt too, especially on third down. 

If he cleans up those two things, I think he will have a good year. Gainwell spelling him should keep him fresh too.

I'm hopeful for a strong backfield performance this season. Time will tell though.

Hopefully Lurie "allows” the backfield to perform.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, time2rock said:

Hopefully Lurie "allows” the backfield to perform.  

Hopefully that decision will be up to little Nicky.

Spoiler

Cinemaphile: Little Nicky / 1/2* (2000) Nick Sirianni to be named new Philadelphia Eagles head coach | NFL News |  Sky Sports

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

Oh absolutely. We know he runs good routes when needed. We know he is a very good runner and can break off the big gains.