Weekly line thread: Eagles +3.5 at Falcons

Hawkeye

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Eagles open the 2021 season as road dogs with a total of 48 in Atlanta (side note: Mercedes Benz Stadium sure gets a lot of games). 

I have no idea what to make of this team but since I like over the season win total of 6.5 (+120) I'll take the Eagles +170 on the money line.  If you're playing sides, a field goal seems about right for these teams so take the hook and cross your fingers.  

Line: Eagles +3.5 Falcons
Total: 48
ML: Eagles +170 

• Like 2

Don't think Falcons fixed their defense and ours is questionable. I could see a shootout. Not sure if Hurts could win one against Ryan though

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Eagles open the 2021 season as road dogs with a total of 48 in Atlanta (side note: Mercedes Benz Stadium sure gets a lot of games). 

I have no idea what to make of this team but since I like over the season win total of 6.5 (+120) I'll take the Eagles +170 on the money line.  If you're playing sides, a field goal seems about right for these teams so take the hook and cross your fingers.  

Line: Eagles +3.5 Falcons
Total: 48
ML: Eagles +170 

How I’ve missed these threads!  :wub:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We squeak out a close one.  Sirianni starts his HC career with a W.
Eagles 24-23.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

Don't think Falcons fixed their defense and ours is questionable. I could see a shootout. Not sure if Hurts could win one against Ryan though

Nothing I've seen from the Falcons against us for the last 4 or 5 years makes me worry about their offense piling on a lot of points against his, especially without Julio.

If the Falcons force a shootout on the Eagles in week 1 then there are major major issues with the defense this season and it's all over.  I think this defense should be able to keep the Falcons under or at 24 points at most.  

Gimme the under. Not crazy about either side here. Too many unknowns across the board on both teams, which is why I like the under.

• Like 3

They lost Julio but Ridley and Gage both stepped up and had big jump career years last year, if Pitts does turn out to be the generational talent he was billed as he could be a match up nightmare against a secondary that got better but not great, their ground game could be deceptive, neither Gallman or Davis look anything special but they both scored as many TD's (6) as Sanders last year.

Equally if Smith's obvious talent as a college receiver translates to the NFL we could have our first legit #1 receiver since we signed Jeffery in '17,  Sanders needs to catch the ball a lot better than last year, or he could see Gainwell start to eat into his touches, hopefully that's a spur. Goedert needs to step up and earn an extension, last year was promising but the best ability is availability and he needs to develop it fast.

This one is impossible to call head wise, you have to pick your team heart wise.  But this is the one pointer on the pick 'em this week, I wouldn't bet real money on it.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

This is a game they should win. 

I feel like they possibly win this one by 10+ points too.  

I agree but they always seem to struggle in Atlanta.

I think that Falcons will have a strong running game. It is going to be a close game until the 4th Q. I am afraid that our Secondary will give up a late touchdown for a loss.  I am not sure if we have jelled yet. I could be wrong, simply because I am projecting from the training camp and have not seen the team play yet. Need to see at least several games, before making more accurate predictions.

Usually, I have a pretty good feel for the Eagles as a team. This year I have no clue. I would say take the Eagles and the points but I wouldn’t be shocked if stink up the place either. Gun to my head, take the Eagles and the points. 

There are more unknowns with regard to the Eagles.  I'm just hoping for competence in all areas-and no injuries.  Fascinating coaching match-up.  We will see if the reduced practice times & lack of ST emphasis bite them.  3 RB's & 4 (real) receivers?  My guess is that Hurts will be his own RZ power back.  If Atlanta can't run they will be unable to protect an immobile Ryan.

If they can, and Gannon can't find a way to minimize Pitts it will be a long day. Coin flip either way-line seems about right.  No real opinion on the outcome.  Too much uncertainty going into this one.  Will get a better feel afterwards.

On 9/6/2021 at 6:10 PM, RememberTheKoy said:

This is a game they should win. 

I feel like they possibly win this one by 10+ points too.  

That would be nice. I just think it'll be a lot closer than that, considering we have a new HC too.

13 hours ago, irrelevantfalconsfa said:

That would be nice. I just think it'll be a lot closer than that, considering we have a new HC too.

Oh I definitely think it's going to be a close game. Atlanta isn't a good team right now. They aren't the offensive juggernaut that they were a few years ago but we have a lot of unknowns on our side.