1. 1. Pick 2 WRs

• Keenan Allen (@Washington)
    • Terry McLaurin (vs. Chargers)
    • Brandon Aiyuk (@ Lions)
    • Robby Anderson (vs. Jets)
    • DeVonta Smith (@ Falcons)
  2. 2. Should I flex Chris Carson?

• Yes - start Chris Carson RB (@Colts)
    • No - Which 3 WRs would you start instead?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/12/2021 at 04:00 PM

10-team PPR league - Here are my choices for WR. Which 2 would you start?

Also, I have Chris Carson slotted as my Flex. Should I bench him to start a third WR instead?

Trying not to overthink Week 1, so I will likely use Allen/McLaurin. Any convincing reason I shouldn't?

Then I am really excited for Aiyuk this season. But I'm hesitant this week as he's coming off a hamstring issue. Dare I start Robby Anderson or DeVonta Smith instead? Or go 3 RBs with Carson as Flex? I got Chubb and Jonathan Taylor starting RB as my first 2 picks.

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

it's week 1, brah. start the guys you drafted to start. allen/mclaurin/carson. 

this.

• Like 1

I like Chris Carson. For some reason no one else in my league did. I have him as my RB 4. 

20 minutes ago, Gannan said:

I like Chris Carson. For some reason no one else in my league did. I have him as my RB 4. 

He’s a injury risk, people tend to shy away from him for that reason.  

On 9/7/2021 at 11:15 AM, mr_hunt said:

it's week 1, brah. start the guys you drafted to start. allen/mclaurin/carson. 

I go with this as well.  I was listening to someone on the radio today that was fading Allen a bit for this week due to the WFT defense, but I still think I’d go with that.  I do like Aiyuk as well, in general.

17 hours ago, Gannan said:

Yeah. He's locked in as the workhorse RB on a pretty good Seahawks team. I feel pretty good about his chances.

Guys like Saquon Barkley and Dalvin Cook come with significant injury risk too, and they're being pick in the first round. Not that Carson should be taken that high... But I think he's better than his ADP, low RB2/flex. I got him in mid-5th round.

50 minutes ago, toolg said:

Yeah. He's locked in as the workhorse RB on a pretty good Seahawks team. I feel pretty good about his chances.

Guys like Saquon Barkley and Dalvin Cook come with significant injury risk too, and they're being pick in the first round. Not that Carson should be taken that high... But I think he's better than his ADP, low RB2/flex. I got him in mid-5th round.

I had the last pick of the 1st round and the first pick in the second. I passed on Barkley with both of my picks. I went with Jones and Chubb instead. 

52 minutes ago, Gannan said:

I had the last pick of the 1st round and the first pick in the second. I passed on Barkley with both of my picks. I went with Jones and Chubb instead. 

I would not have gotten Jones at 20, but I had him as my #5 OVR and #5 RB... not sure why he was ranked so low. I didn't even realize he was that far down on other fantasy site listings until after my draft. 

3 hours ago, Agent23 said:

I would not have gotten Jones at 20, but I had him as my #5 OVR and #5 RB... not sure why he was ranked so low. I didn't even realize he was that far down on other fantasy site listings until after my draft. 

Aaron Jones? He went 12th in my draft. I have him in that top tier RBs that's drafted in Rounds 1-2.  I had CMC#1 overall, Henry #2, then take your pick: Cook/Kamara/Zeke/Barkley/Chubb/Jones....

3 minutes ago, toolg said:

Aaron Jones? He went 12th in my draft. I have him in that top tier RBs that's drafted in Rounds 1-2.  I had CMC#1 overall, Henry #2, then take your pick: Cook/Kamara/Zeke/Barkley/Chubb/Jones....

Yeah I had him as RB 5 and Chubb as RB 6. Zeke and Barkley scared me as far as using a 1st rounder on either of them. Zeke looked cooked last night. 

8 minutes ago, Gannan said:

Yeah I had him as RB 5 and Chubb as RB 6. Zeke and Barkley scared me as far as using a 1st rounder on either of them. Zeke looked cooked last night. 

Me too. I avoided both Zeke/Barkley. They deserve to be considered in that top slot, but I was fine letting somebody else pick them first. I feel pretty vindicated about Zeke after last night.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, toolg said:

yeah, I had #5 overall pick, so had I not taken him there (which I did), he wouldn't have been available when I picked again at 20. So while most draft boards had half-a-dozen players ranked "higher" than Jones, having him as my 5th overall player ranking (and none of my top-4 falling to me), I was taking him over anyone else so I hope that plays out in my favor. 

8 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

yeah, I had #5 overall pick, so had I not taken him there (which I did), he wouldn't have been available when I picked again at 20. So while most draft boards had half-a-dozen players ranked "higher" than Jones, having him as my 5th overall player ranking (and none of my top-4 falling to me), I was taking him over anyone else so I hope that plays out in my favor. 

I think so too. In advance I did a bunch of mock drafts with a late 1st round pick, taking Adams or Hill at WR first. I didn't like any of the RBs falling to me in the 2nd round. 

So I think you take RB first no matter what, and hope for the best. That was my strategy

Started Aiyuk last week. Zero Points.
I benched McLaurin this week playing with a backup QB against the Giants.

I am a Dummy - steve carell | Meme Generator

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, toolg said:

Started Aiyuk last week. Zero Points.
I benched McLaurin this week playing with a backup QB against the Giants.

I am a Dummy - steve carell | Meme Generator

Bro Andre Johnson and DeAndre Hopkins and a million other stud receivers have put up astronomical numbers with the most trash QBs throwing to them. You never bench a stud unless his team has publicly benched him before the game. 

16 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

Bro Andre Johnson and DeAndre Hopkins and a million other stud receivers have put up astronomical numbers with the most trash QBs throwing to them. You never bench a stud unless his team has publicly benched him before the game. 

McLaurin is a stud? I mean I like the guy, I picked him for my fantasy team. I like his potential upside and all...  But he was kinda disappointing last week and Heinicke started at QB. I never know what to expect out of Thursday night games.

30 minutes ago, toolg said:

McLaurin is a stud? I mean I like the guy, I picked him for my fantasy team. I like his potential upside and all...  But he was kinda disappointing last week and Heinicke started at QB. I never know what to expect out of Thursday night games.

93 targets as a rookie with 14 games and 134 targets last season. The gameplan week 1 didn't invovle an injury and someone else coming in a seconds notice and trying to lead the team. Week 2 where Heineken had time to prepare, even time being a quick 3 day turnaround, and McLaurin is feasting again.