Carson Wentz snaps tracker: Off to a good start (WEEK 1)

time2rock

Carson Wentz snaps tracker: Off to a good start

Carson Wentz is no longer a member of the Eagles but his status still matters to his former team.

Because of the trade terms between the Colts and Eagles, the 2022 second-round pick that came to Philadelphia in the Wentz deal can turn into a first-round pick if one of these two things happen:

1. Wentz plays 75% of the Colts’ offensive snaps in 2021.

2. Wentz plays 70% of the Colts’ offensive snaps and the Colts make the playoffs.

With that in mind, we’ll be tracking Wentz’s snap count totals all season long.

Week 1: 76/76 (100%) — Season total: 76/76 (100%)

Things got off to a great start for the Eagles. Not only did Wentz return from a foot surgery and a trip on the COVID-19 list to return for the opener, but he played every snap in Week 1 and the Colts lost 28-16 at home to the Seahawks. The best-case scenario for the Eagles this season is that Wentz meets the playtime threshold but the Colts aren’t very good, giving the Eagles a higher pick.

Week 2: vs. Rams

Week 3: at Titans

Week 4: at Dolphins

Week 5: at Ravens

Week 6: vs. Texans

Week 7: at 49ers

Week 8: vs. Titans

Week 9: vs. Jets

Week 10: vs. Jaguars

Week 11: at Bills

Week 12: vs. Buccaneers

Week 13: at Texans

Week 14: BYE WEEK

Week 15: vs. Patriots

Week 16: at Cardinals

Week 17: vs. Raiders

Week 18: at Jaguars

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/carson-wentz-snap-count-colts-2021-nfl-season-tracker?utm_tags=sm_npd_rsn_phi_fb_mn&fbclid=IwAR3TqqoRLSOWBIwdcelMGaHl6Ej3KmLoVKFiBzlOgm3remkdzhSsArdAAKY

I mean my god they really look like they are going to get off to an 0-2 start. Rams next won't be easy and then we shall see with the Titans. They were very good last year but awful against the Cards in Week one. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean my god they really look like they are going to get off to an 0-2 start. Rams next won't be easy and then we shall see with the Titans. They were very good last year but awful against the Cards in Week one. 

I wish the Colts schedule was reversed. My worry is that either they will be good or that they will be 5-7/4/8 after 12 games and then all of a sudden Wentz develops a mysterious injury…

1 hour ago, ManchesterEagle said:

I wish the Colts schedule was reversed. My worry is that either they will be good or that they will be 5-7/4/8 after 12 games and then all of a sudden Wentz develops a mysterious injury…

I mean quite possibly... I'm just not sure how that plays out with the team unless Wentz is quite clearly the main problem. 

14 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean quite possibly... I'm just not sure how that plays out with the team unless Wentz is quite clearly the main problem. 

Yeah maybe I'm being too cynical. Particularly as Wentz is really sensitive, so if they do think he's the guy moving forward, they may be reluctant to bench him as he has undoubted back-up QB anxiety.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Yeah maybe I'm being too cynical. Particularly as Wentz is really sensitive, so if they do think he's the guy moving forward, they may be reluctant to bench him as he has undoubted back-up QB anxiety.

That's my thing. They've committed to Wentz due to the trade value and then the contract they've taken on. Now maybe they reach an agreement with him and he's understanding of the position to limit the trade to a second? But I just can't see how that would play out. Especially given I'm not sure the AFC South is going to be very good so they'll still be in with a shot I suspect.