Week 2 Waiver Wire Pickups

Gannan

Let's break it down: It's Mitchell's job in San Fran for now. Mostert is out 8 weeks. Do they bring the rookie Sermon into the mix? There's some question, but if you need a RB for Week 2 you could do worse.

If you're looking for more RB help: Mark Ingram got a ton of usage for the Texans, who many thought was playing in a committee with David Johnson, Philip Lindsay, and Rex Burkhead. Also keep an eye on the Ravens backfield situation. Ty'Son Williams? Latavius Murray? Le'Veon Bell? Somebody has to take that job.

43 minutes ago, toolg said:

Let's break it down: It's Mitchell's job in San Fran for now. Mostert is out 8 weeks. Do they bring the rookie Sermon into the mix? There's some question, but if you need a RB for Week 2 you could do worse.

If you're looking for more RB help: Mark Ingram got a ton of usage for the Texans, who many thought was playing in a committee with David Johnson, Philip Lindsay, and Rex Burkhead. Also keep an eye on the Ravens backfield situation. Ty'Son Williams? Latavius Murray? Le'Veon Bell? Somebody has to take that job.

Ty'Son Williams looked good last night, very explosive. 

6 hours ago, Gannan said:

Is Elijah Mitchell this year's fantasy savior or this year's Malcolm Brown?

6 hours ago, toolg said:

Let's break it down: It's Mitchell's job in San Fran for now. Mostert is out 8 weeks.

Mostert done for the year now.  Is it gonna be Mitchell or Trey Sermon ??

I have Taylor, Jacobs, Swift, Conner and Ty'Son Williams.  At this point I don't think he is worth the waiver claim, what is you guys thoughts ??

Shanahan is very hard to predict when it comes to RB carries. The fact that he said Sermon wasn't one of the 3 best running backs on the team is concerning. 

• Like 1

I think it's Mitchell now. Sermon by the end of the season. Hasty is in the mix there too. I think it'll be tough to predict.

Mitchell should be the top waiver add this week at RB. No question. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, toolg said:

I think it's Mitchell now. Sermon by the end of the season. Hasty is in the mix there too. I think it'll be tough to predict.

Mitchell should be the top waiver add this week at RB. No question. 

Would you do it looking at the backs I have ??

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Would you do it looking at the backs I have ??

No. Who would you drop? You have 5 solid RBs with steady jobs already.

Shanahan could decide to change week-to-week. So how long does Mitchell keep it up? I feel pretty good about Week 2, but after that...?  I think Mostert owners should look to grab Mitchell, but everybody else use caution.

3 minutes ago, toolg said:

No. Who would you drop? You have 5 solid RBs with steady jobs already.

Shanahan could decide to change week-to-week. So how long does Mitchell keep it up? I feel pretty good about Week 2, but after that...?  I think Mostert owners should look to grab Mitchell, but everybody else use caution.

One thing saving me from wasting the claim, is the dude above me has Mostert and Sermon, so he will be all over that.  Our waiver claims do not reset every week, so probably best to sit tight and move up from 4 to ?? this week and save that claim for when I really need it.

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

One thing saving me from wasting the claim, is the dude above me has Mostert and Sermon, so he will be all over that.  Our waiver claims do not reset every week, so probably best to sit tight and move up from 4 to ?? this week and save that claim for when I really need it.

Agree with this.  I would wait and let your waiver spot move up.  Eventually, you'll have a slam dunk claim available that will offer a more certain improvement and you'll be better off for waiting.

Debating Mitchell myself right now.  I have Mostert in one league and he seems an obvious add attempt there, but I’m contemplating going after him in my other league as well.  Don’t think I’ll get him, but in the event that I do, would Pollard or Gainwell be the better drop?  Feel like Gainwell has the better chance of a larger role week to week, but Pollard still feels like he could be an RB1 were something to happen to Zeke.  I also have Gibson, Najee, Damien Harris, and Ty’Son Williams, but after Damien’s late fumble and Latavius’s late usage I worry a bit about trusting either Damien or Williams too much as a weekly flex.  

12 hours ago, EaglesFan said:

Don’t think I’ll get him, but in the event that I do, would Pollard or Gainwell be the better drop?  Feel like Gainwell has the better chance of a larger role week to week, but Pollard still feels like he could be an RB1 were something to happen to Zeke.  

Exactly. So I would drop Gainwell. His only role seems change of pace, hurry up offense only. I doubt he will be worthy to start. Pollard is instantly startable if Zeke is out.

• Like 1

I wouldn’t trust any of the SF backs in a weekly basis as anything more than a flex.  Having gone through the coleman/freeman/mckinnon  saga myself in prior years, you just can’t predict who is gonna get touches.  

keep an eye on Damien williams in Chicago.  He was being used with the game undecided and I expect he will start to cut into Montgomerys workload. I picked him up in my league as a stash for now.  

• Like 2

mitchell was/is a no brainer add this week.  our waivers ran last night & he went to the team with the #1 waiver position. 9 of the 12 teams in the league put in claims for him...including myself. 

gainwell was also picked up but i had no interest. i did pick up damien williams (after waivers) for rb depth to replace my injured rashard penny. also picked up some wr depth in rondale moore from arz.

my waivers spot improved from 5th to 3rd...so there's that. 

• Like 1

I ended up picking up Gronk and Stafford off waivers this week. I was only carrying one QB and one TE and I drafted with the possibility I would probably have to make some depth moves at those spots. I think both guys will contribute this season and will probably start more often than not. I'm starting Gronk against that dreck ATL team this week. Im debating between Rogers and Stafford at the QB spot. 

11 hours ago, toolg said:

Exactly. So I would drop Gainwell. His only role seems change of pace, hurry up offense only. I doubt he will be worthy to start. Pollard is instantly startable if Zeke is out.

Agreed.  That’s what I attempted, but was unsuccessful.  Also missed out on Mitchell in my other league where I actually had Mostert.  That league is FAAB, and I lost out.  Oh well…

49 minutes ago, EaglesFan said:

Agreed.  That’s what I attempted, but was unsuccessful.  Also missed out on Mitchell in my other league where I actually had Mostert.  That league is FAAB, and I lost out.  Oh well…

Now it looks like Jeff Wilson is ahead of schedule in his recovery and could be activated from PUP week 8.  And the 9ers claimed Trenton Cannon off waivers.

As usual, that situation is a disaster for fantasy purposes.

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

Now it looks like Jeff Wilson is ahead of schedule in his recovery and could be activated from PUP week 8.  And the 9ers claimed Trenton Cannon off waivers.

As usual, that situation is a disaster for fantasy purposes.

Yeah, it’s bound to be a successful rushing attack most likely, but predicting the weekly lead RB could prove to be a serious pain.

• Like 2