Eagles' Brandon Brooks avoids serious injury; could play again this season

time2rock

Eagles' Brandon Brooks avoids serious injury; could play again this season

WIPFM.jpg?width=60&height=60&crop=1:1
16 hours ago
Not all of the injury news the Eagles got from their loss on Sunday was bad.

Speaking on Monday to reporters, Eagles head coach Nick Sirianni said that right guard Brandon Brooks did not suffer a season-ending pectoral injury and will be able to play again this season.

Brooks will definitely miss this Monday’s game against the Dallas Cowboys, however, and could be heading for the injured reserve which would put him out a minimum of three weeks.

The injury to Brooks is a blow to the offensive line, which is unfortunately used to playing without him after he missed all of the 2020 season with an injury.

Sirianni would not yet say who would start in Brooks place on Monday night against Dallas between rookie Landon Dickerson and third-year player Nate Herbig. It was Dickerson that stepped in for Brooks this past Sunday when he left the game.

Although he wouldn’t commit, chances are it will be Dickerson who starts, considering the team used a second-round pick on him and put him into the game first this past Sunday.

The question now becomes what will happen if Dickerson plays at a high level?

While Brooks is an All-Pro caliber player when healthy, the Eagles did use a second-round pick on Dickerson and will want him to be on the field. If Dickerson is playing well the team might want to keep the starting five together if Brooks is indeed out multiple weeks.

In other injury news, Sirianni confirmed that Brandon Graham is indeed out for the season with a ruptured Achilles.

https://www.audacy.com/94wip/sports/eagles/eagles-brandon-brooks-avoids-serious-injury

He's hurt every year. Shame because when healthy and motivated, he's a beast. Dickerson better hold up.

• Like 1

Dumb question. If Dickerson proves to be as good as most think there is no way he gets pulled. My concern is whether or not he is fully healed and don't want to aggravate his knees anymore causing future lingering issues.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

Dumb question. If Dickerson proves to be as good as most think there is no way he gets pulled. My concern is whether or not he is fully healed and don't want to aggravate his knees anymore causing future lingering issues.

Exactly - he also did not have a full TC and plays at a position where experience is much bigger advantage than at other positions.  I would hope the team errs on the side of caution with Dickerson.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Procus said:

Exactly - he also did not have a full TC and plays at a position where experience is much bigger advantage than at other positions.  I would hope the team errs on the side of caution with Dickerson.

Yes

9 hours ago, Portyansky said:

Well if medical would share that sentiment in the slightest, no way he plays over Herbig when Brooks went down.

So I guess let’s hope they know what they’re doing.

It's a real shame to lose Brooks because he is a beast but this isn't entirely surprising is it. Unfortunately he's not got a great track record the last few years with staying healthy. 

Let's see what Dickerson has got now. I mean I guess of all positions to lose I guess this is one of the better ones. We now get to see what Dickerson has and whether he himself can stay healthy. 

7 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

It's a real shame to lose Brooks because he is a beast but this isn't entirely surprising is it. Unfortunately he's not got a great track record the last few years with staying healthy. 

Let's see what Dickerson has got now. I mean I guess of all positions to lose I guess this is one of the better ones. We now get to see what Dickerson has and whether he himself can stay healthy. 

He's not lost, should be good to go close to mid season.

I sure hope that he can return mid season and this doesn't turn into another Desean Jackson situation of roster mismanagement. Hoping for the best b/c Brooks is a stud when he's actually on the field.