Travis Etienne (Clemson RB) -- DRAFTED BY JACKSONVILLE #25

HazletonEagle

This post was originally made by @Don Corleone on 5/13/19. Etienne is my boy from way back. I accused Don of stealing my thread.

Since people have already started on 2020 prospects, figured I'd throw out a few players. Now, obviously, this is going to depend on what the Eagles do with Jordan Howard. He, along with Smallwood are in the final years of their deals and if the Eagles decide to let Howard walk. Etienne, should he declare for the draft, will be one of the best RB's in the class, he's listed at 5'10 200 pounds.

• 2 weeks later...

Eh Yeeeeeaaaaaaah but Shhhhhhh don't tell anybody. 

That kids got the kind of separation burst you only see on film from guys like uh C..... NO !  Jalen Reagor. 

Should be a first round pick. We don’t value RBs that much to choose one in the first.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jenkins27 said:

Should be a first round pick. We don’t value RBs that much to choose one in the first.

Yeah absolutely. He's a first round player so we won't be getting him even if he's on the board at #32.

😁

I doubt it but you never know Rb factory baby!!!

but honestly I can’t say our rb situation is great , I think sanders is good Scott showed some flashes but I don’t think he could carry the load if someone got hurt and clement has been hurt a lot.. I wouldn’t be opposed to bringing in someone like shady to be a mentor/ situational back for a year and draft someone next year to pair up with sanders. 

Love this kid but we'd have to be really really bad and have a massive organizational shift in philosophy to have any shot at him. Also not the best use of resources with Sanders already here.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/10/2020 at 3:45 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah absolutely. He's a first round player so we won't be getting him even if he's on the board at #32.

😁

I tend to agree...

HOWEVER, I would have said the same thing about Andy Reid drafting a RB in the first round, and look what he did.

Just to play Devil's advocate, you go into it thinking, "I'm getting the best RB in the draft, a guy who is going to touch the ball 18-25 times per game, a high probability pro bowler, and I have him locked up for 4 years at reasonable money with a 5th year option.  After that 5th year, I'm making the conscience decision not to do the stupid thing and pay him a lot of money.  I'm going to let him walk, get a 3rd round comp pick, and that total package of a pro bowl level player on a reasonable contract plus the comp pick is worth a first round pick."

I could see this being a new trend in the NFL.  No one will use a top 25 pick on a RB because you can get good prospects and harder to fill positions, but at some point getting a blue chip, almost can't miss prospect that late becomes good value.

3 hours ago, TEW said:

I'm getting the best RB in the draft, a guy who is going to touch the ball 18-25 times per game, a high probability pro bowler, and I have him locked up for 4 years at reasonable money with a 5th year option

So you're just letting Sanders go?

14 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

So you're just letting Sanders go?

Depending on the money, probably.

• 11 months later...