Mailata misses 2nd straight practice, Dillard to start

time2rock

Mailata misses 2nd straight practice, Dillard to start

Jordan Mailata missed his second straight practice this week with an MCL sprain and Andre Dillard will start on Sunday.

Dillard confirmed as much on Thursday afternoon.

"I’m just embracing my role and trying to be a star in my role," he said. "My role now is starting left tackle for this next game."

Dillard played well in his start on Monday night in Dallas. He played all 58 snaps against the Cowboys. He allowed just two pressures in 48 snaps, according to ProFootballFocus.

The good news on Thursday is that Rodney McLeod was a full participant for the second straight day, signaling a possible return this weekend.

Here's the Eagles' full injury report from Thursday:

Did not practice: OT Jordan Mailata (knee)

Full: G Landon Dickerson (hip), S Marcus Epps (shoulder), T Lane Johnson (ankle), C Jason Kelce (foot, resting player), S Rodney McLeod (knee), LB Davion Taylor (calf)

Dickerson, Epps, Johnson and Kelce were all limited on Wednesday, so they’re trending in the right direction.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/eagles-jordan-mailata-misses-practice-andre-dillard-start

Mailata's knee must be 100% before he goes back in there. I hope Dillard does well.