Andy Reid played a part in drafting Hurts?

Bwestbrook36

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2021/10/2/22705604/eagles-news-andy-reid-played-role-philadelphia-drafting-jalen-hurts-quarterback-chiefs-game-nfl-bgn

To further the connection: Reid actually played a role in Philadelphia’s pre-draft work on Hurts. Eagles leadership consulted Reid to get his evaluation of Hurts, sources said, as well as to discuss the dynamics associated with drafting a player of Hurts’ caliber to back up then-incumbent starter Carson Wentz. Reid has experience in this area: He drafted Kevin Kolb in the second round in 2007 when McNabb was entrenched as Philly’s starter; added Michael Vick to the QB room in ‘09; and paired veteran Alex Smith with t kohen-rookie Patrick Mahomes in 2017 with the Chiefs. The Eagles have long valued Reid’s opinion and sought it out before making what proved to be a franchise-impacting decision.

Worked out so well for both Mcnabb and Kolb when AR drafted Kolb.  Glad we got to redo that one all over again.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I mean it makes sense I guess? Seek out his opinion so on paper it makes sense. But why would a HC of another team want to help any other team in the NFL? That's what I don't quite get. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2021/10/2/22705604/eagles-news-andy-reid-played-role-philadelphia-drafting-jalen-hurts-quarterback-chiefs-game-nfl-bgn

To further the connection: Reid actually played a role in Philadelphia’s pre-draft work on Hurts. Eagles leadership consulted Reid to get his evaluation of Hurts, sources said, as well as to discuss the dynamics associated with drafting a player of Hurts’ caliber to back up then-incumbent starter Carson Wentz. Reid has experience in this area: He drafted Kevin Kolb in the second round in 2007 when McNabb was entrenched as Philly’s starter; added Michael Vick to the QB room in ‘09; and paired veteran Alex Smith with t kohen-rookie Patrick Mahomes in 2017 with the Chiefs. The Eagles have long valued Reid’s opinion and sought it out before making what proved to be a franchise-impacting decision.

I watched Revenge of the nerds movie, and I see a similar plot in this accusation. Yes Reid did recommend Hurts. So what? We had franchise QB in Wentz. Hurts was supposed be sitting on the bench and developing into a backup QB, instead of being thrown into the fire. Circumstances have altered everyone's plans. No Way could anyone anticipate that Wentz would poop his diapers at the very first hint of competition, or we would have Record setting worst offensive line, etc..etc.. Sh;t Happens. There is no connection between evaluating a potential QB and being grossly unprepared to handle NFL reality. This Eagles team needs a psychologist to find its identity, before any  progress occurs this season, or the next. 

15 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean it makes sense I guess? Seek out his opinion so on paper it makes sense. But why would a HC of another team want to help any other team in the NFL? That's what I don't quite get. 

It happens all the time. When the Buccaneers were about to release Al Harris - AR got a heads up from Jon Gruden. Coaching is a brotherhood / fraternity. The only time they are at odds is when facing each other game week. Unless they don't like each other - see Chip Kelly vs the NFL.

17 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm sure Howie sent a pallet of John's Roast Pork to Reid for payment.

1 hour ago, Nivraga said:

It happens all the time. When the Buccaneers were about to release Al Harris - AR got a heads up from Jon Gruden. Coaching is a brotherhood / fraternity. The only time they are at odds is when facing each other game week. Unless they don't like each other - see Chip Kelly vs the NFL.

Jon Gruden gave Andy Reid a heads up about a player being cut that he didn't even coach? That's cool. 

When will Howie learn that you don’t draft backup players with high round picks unless the team is grooming that player to eventually become the starter? 

They need to solicit advice from outsiders because Howie simply cannot figure this ish out by himself.  

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

They need to solicit advice from outsiders because Howie simply cannot figure this ish out by himself.  

He did and look where that got him? Lol

I wouldn't be going to Reid either

14 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

He did and look where that got him? Lol

I wouldn't be going to Reid either

No, we should be going to a new GM ... one that can figure out this ish on his own.  

1 minute ago, time2rock said:

No, we should be going to a new GM ... one that can figure out this ish on his own.  

I know this but, we can't do anything right ever. 

5 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

When will Howie learn that you don’t draft backup players with high round picks unless the team is grooming that player to eventually become the starter? 

Right after he learns not to waist 2nd and 3rd round draft choices, on useless, sick, and unproductive players. Another words ,When the Hell freezes over, or a while after he does get fired for real. But since he is only the owners messenger boy, there is no chance of that happening. 

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Jon Gruden gave Andy Reid a heads up about a player being cut that he didn't even coach? That's cool. 

Ok so after wiping the pie off my face I looked it up - Tony Dungy gave Ray Rhodes a heads up.