Shaun Wade (Ohio State DB) -- DRAFTED BY BALTIMORE #160

philafan4o8

Shaun Wade is an absolute stud. It is likely he will be a top 15 pick if he puts together a great season as an outside CB.

He can played a lot of nickel this past season and plays more at safety his freshman year. I think this guy has great potential as an NFL safety and would be my ideal candidate as Malcolm Jenkins replacement (if Mills does not fill that). He is physical tackler and can cover TEs/slot WRs. 

If he doesn't get wrongfully thrown out of playoff game vs Clemson (among other things), I think they win the game.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

He can played a lot of nickel this past season and plays more at safety his freshman year

As a Safety sure. As a nickel corner? No thanks as we have enough of those around and I wouldn't be surprised if Maddox goes back inside after this next season. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

As a Safety sure. As a nickel corner? No thanks as we have enough of those around and I wouldn't be surprised if Maddox goes back inside after this next season. 

They had Okudah and Arnette both 1st rounders.  He will likely become CB1 on the outside this year. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

They had Okudah and Arnette both 1st rounders.  He will likely become CB1 on the outside this year. 

In that case lets see how this season pans out... :-) If we even get a college season.

Yup will be CB1 this year.

Change the name to THE Ohio State University AKA DBU 😌

Also, crazy to think but if he woulda declared this year OSU prolly woulda had 3 first round corners.

On 4/29/2020 at 2:03 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Wade is one of those guys that can (and has) play every position on the back end. Absolutely perfect fit in the new "positionless" secondary. He is more talented than Arnette and close to Okudah.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 4/29/2020 at 2:03 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Maddox goes back inside after this next season. 

Maddox should be inside, you want outside corners to have length. and 5'9'' isn't length.

1 hour ago, EagleVA said:

Maddox should be inside, you want outside corners to have length. and 5'9'' isn't length.

He's not an outside corner in my eyes. He lacks length and height. He's competitive and he's got some agility but yeah he's going to get beaten up on by bigger more physical guys. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

As of rn, he may be better at safety and as a slot corner. Needs more time to develop outside. Potential round 2 guy.

19 hours ago, Jenkins27 said:

As of rn, he may be better at safety and as a slot corner. Needs more time to develop outside. Potential round 2 guy.

Completely agree. He is not an outside guy. Safety would be ideal for eagles 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Shaun Wade has not been impressive this year. I think it is clear that he is not an outside corner. I think he is an ideal safety/nickel prospect. Might be had in the 2nd. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Godfather said:

Getting owned

He’s a nickel or a safety at the next level.

• Like 2

On 1/12/2021 at 2:07 AM, Ray75 said:

He’s a nickel or a safety at the next level.

Has Holland had more experience at safety, they seem to have a similar profile? I can’t say that K’von has impressed, and the SS position seems unsettled (even if Maddox is pushed inside).

I like Ford in the FS role, but his evaluation is all over the place.

• 4 weeks later...

Wade is a hard evaluation. I love his playmaking but only when in the nickel or at safety. Depending who is on the board Wade at 37 would be solid if they plan to make him a strong safety in the Malcolm Jenkins role. Then again, not sure what the defense will look like this year

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

This man has fell a lot since last offseason. Eagles should give him a shot!