Weekly line thread: Eagles +4 at Panthers

Hawkeye

I guessed it would open closer to 4.5 or 5 considering Carolina is 3-1 SU and ATS.  Yes, against some of the poorer teams in the league but still...

Until we know the status of Mailata (who was projected to miss two or three games) and Johnson this one's in a circle. 

Line: Panthers -4/Eagles
Total: 45
ML: Carolina -190/Eagles +170

Haven't watched a Panthers game in awhile. No idea about them

Curious if Lane will be back

The Panthers are impossible to gauge, they gave Dallarse a lot bigger fright than we managed on Sunday, but the rest of their schedule is beating teams that look suspiciously like they suck this year.

Their defense is second in terms of passing yards allowed and 5th in terms of completion percentage allowed but they gave up 4 passing TD's to Dallarse, while not registering a single sack for the first time this season, and Dallarse are the only consistently effective offense they've faced.

It's another one I couldn't bet on with any confidence, if Lane is back I think we could sneak it, if we're going with Driscoll it could get ugly. 

After spending a lot of Saturday thinking my money was going down the toilet I'll avoid this one. I suspect we lose and if we do then the chances are we lose by more than 4... But I'm not going to back it. 

6 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Lane doesn't seem like a player to miss a game unless there is something pretty significant going on. Hope he gets back soon and all is well but the lack of any info for days makes me wonder. Not expecting a win but the D has nowhere to go but up at this point. The performance against KC has pretty much got to be the low point. Well they did get an INT so there is that.

If the defense can turn it around I think we win.

Sam Darnold is much closer to Matt Ryan and Jimmy G than he is to Dak and Mahomes. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rickospia said:

All I know is we need a win bad !

With the Bucs up after yeah this could easily slip away to 1-5 and at that point I'm not sure you could back us to beat anyone. Confidence will be so low. 

I honestly wouldn't be surprised at all if we take this one. Carolina's beaten some bad teams. They added some garbage time points, but never really put Dallas in any real jeopardy of losing. I think they're a pretty middle-of-the-roadish team, and so are we.  

On 10/5/2021 at 9:37 AM, Mike030270 said:

Lane is at practice today so thinking he will play Sunday .

2 hours ago, rickospia said:

Lane is at practice today so thinking he will play Sunday .

I saw reports that Mailata is back on the field (limited) but Lane hasn't returned to the facility yet. 

27 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Eagles win by 7

I like your thinking there bud. I don't see it myself and I think it'll be another L but this Carolina team is a decent and nothing more team I think. 

Johnson is not in Philly won;t play .☹️

We should win this game. My doubts don't stem from not knowing whether Carolina is legit or not, it's rooted in how bad we are as a team. If our defense can get stops, and we have a balanced offense, we win.

CMC is doubtful 

35 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I like your thinking there bud. I don't see it myself and I think it'll be another L but this Carolina team is a decent and nothing more team I think. 

No doubt but their secondary is hurting and CMC is doubtful 

• Like 1

He is out for Sundays game has not been in Philly all week.

Siri going to record win #2 of his young career on Sunday … book it!  🦅 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

We’ll, there’s at least one true believer!

Only one true believer.

171BAB06-AF79-4EFC-A801-06A74319FFD0.jpeg

• Like 1