How long until Urban Meyer is fired

Wallyhorse

Urban Meyer's Time in Jacksonville  

19 members have voted

1. 1. How long until Urban Meyer gets fired by the Jaguars?

• Before Week 5
    • After Week 5
    • After Week 6 (Bye Week)
    • Before the regular season ends
    • After the regular season ends
    • He manages to remain head coach for a second season

While I know we have a hot seat topic, this one is on another level entirely:

Given what Meyer was doing and the remarks of Jags owner Shad Khan, how long until Meyer is fired?

I suspect going into the Bye Week, which for them is after Week 6.

Poll is also on Twitter.

10 hours ago, toolg said:

I think there's good chance he walks away before he's fired.

There is that too. I don't know if he could handle that backlash though he seems unhinged

I haven't paid any attention to the happenings around the NFL, but I did hear something about him being at a bar and dancing with a woman (not his wife). I would hope that this isn't the only thing that would get him fired. That's more of a personal issue for him and his wife to deal with, though I can see that it would also be embarrassing to the team. 

If he's to be fired, let it be because he's an incompetent dolt who can't coach in the NFL. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I haven't paid any attention to the happenings around the NFL, but I did hear something about him being at a bar and dancing with a woman (not his wife). I would hope that this isn't the only thing that would get him fired. That's more of a personal issue for him and his wife to deal with, though I can see that it would also be embarrassing to the team. 

If he's to be fired, let it be because he's an incompetent dolt who can't coach in the NFL. 

I think the issue there is that he decided not to travel home with the team after the game. So yes the dancing with another woman is a personal matter but his decision not to travel back with the team? The decision to not travel back and study the film the next day? That's a team matter I think. 

4 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think the issue there is that he decided not to travel home with the team after the game.

I don't think that should be something to fire him over either, though. Unless the owner set out a rule that he had to travel back with the team and he disobeyed that rule. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I don't think that should be something to fire him over either, though. Unless the owner set out a rule that he had to travel back with the team and he disobeyed that rule. 

Well he has been a complete disaster as a coach as well. So if he is fired it's justfied on that angle too

4 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Oh no no I agree with that. I just think so far he's made a number of questionable decisions?

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh no no I agree with that. I just think so far he's made a number of questionable decisions?

Definitely, even from the tiny bit (very tiny bit) that I've followed anything other than the Eagles, I can see that he's in over his head. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Definitely, even from the tiny bit (very tiny bit) that I've followed anything other than the Eagles, I can see that he's in over his head. 

They said he isn't used to losing and and is becoming completely unhinged with each loss. 

53 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

They said he isn't used to losing and and is becoming completely unhinged with each loss. 

If he's that fragile, he probably shouldn't have signed on with a franchise that (mostly) has a legacy of losing and in this century has had only 4 seasons above .500. lol

9 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

If he's that fragile, he probably shouldn't have signed on with a franchise that (mostly) has a legacy of losing and in this century has had only 4 seasons above .500. lol

Everytime things get a little sketchy for him he bails

His wife didn't seem to mind with the picture

Jags have sucked so far but they're also the Jags and need to draft better

I think Nagy gets fired before him

10 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

9 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

You can certainly understand that to some extent. I mean this is a college coach who is used to success and winning. But then he had to know he wasn't going to do that with Jacksonville. 

On 10/6/2021 at 5:08 PM, LacesOut said:

End of season.

I reserve the right to change my opinion/vote. 😁

I think the fuss about the bar video is absurd, his wife has every right to make him sleep in the guest room a day or two, but all the talk about the locker room losing respect for him is and he should be fired is absolute horseshit, when I heard Meyer in trouble over salacious video I expected it to be a video of him motorboating a stripper with his wang out or some such.

'I'm sorry coach I can't win football games because you sat in a bar chatting, while a girl young enough to be your daughter sort of danced awkwardly on your knee and you may have even touched her tushy at one point'

Fire him for being a bad coach but for that video? This is a sport that has teams waiting in line for the opportunity to trade for a QB as long as he was legally getting massage therapists to touch his dick, and forgives domestic violence regularly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LacesOut said:

The video is one of a few "mess ups" he has had in his very short tenure as an NFL HC. 

I think that's part of the issue. It's one of a number rather than the single thing. And he's still young in his nfl HC career.