Rant

Cutsona25

Okay... I just have to put some things out there so that I can externalize them rather than internalize them. I'm not crying, I don't expect this season to be successful, so it's not worth being sad about. I'm also fairly okay with winning a super bowl and being bad for 5 years after, so the Eagles get a pass from me for the next couple years. With that as a preface:

• This team is BS garbage hot mess trash.
  • The DC talks about being multiple and not giving away the gameplan all off-season, then we march out zone defense for 80% of the season so far. I'd be fine with bend/don't break mentality, but this team isn't even tough in the red zone. It's a bend, bend, bend, break defense. What happened to ripping at the ball all the time? Have they punched one ball out, without a helmet? Missed assignments, poor tackling, giving up 5 yards per run play... it's all bad. How about we actually cover all of the offensive players in the red zone? The linebackers are trash. I'm tired of the try-hard whiteboys, the project "development" guy, and the Vikings leftovers. The secondary isn't much better. Great PBU by Maddox today, great INTs by Slay, but let's not let Sam Darnold going full Sam Darnold confuse things - a good QB can torch this secondary. They just haven't needed to because the run defense is so bad. Overall the defensive scheme, talent, and execution have all been sub-par. Add on to that the STUPID penalties... I struggle to find 3 names I want in this defense 2 years from now. The only saving graces have been Hargrave and Cox... maybe Sweat... but that only gets you so far, and Cox isn't getting any younger. I'm done hoping Barnett pulls his head out of his ass. 
  • As for the offense, Jesus Christ in Heaven, please save my heart from watching this team get into third and long situations. To be blunt - Jalen Hurts is not the guy right now. Maybe he can be the guy in 2 years, but I doubt it. I don't want to watch the QB throw the ball away on third down 4-5 times per game. It's the smart decision when you do it once or twice with no better options, not the whole game. His only skillset seems to be rolling to his right and throwing it up for Devonta. I hear he can run the ball, but so far our coaching staff doesn't seem smart enough to utilize that well. Hurts seems like a really nice dude, and a good leader, and I'll root for him as long as he's under center, but I think the front office will only be as loyal as their options. Hurts is actually low on my list of concerns for the offense. I'm ready for a new offensive coordinator to take over play-calling. At what point do injuries across 4 spots of the O-line become symptoms of bigger issues than bad luck? Does this team have wide receivers other than Devonta Smith? Beyond that, why is every red zone play a pick play? I don't think it's working Nick. Nothing but questions on offense.
  • Aside from being a terrible WR... can Reagor just stop being on special teams? I'd rather see Ward catch the ball and fall down than Reagor's backward-running-to-try-to-make-a-big-play stupid selfish BS he does. The special teams have looked terrible too. The FGs/punting have been fine, and props to those guys, but coverage on kickoffs/punts and returns on the same have been lackluster at best. 

Overall, pretty terrible team. 

With the talent the eagles have in the skill positions, it's becoming more and more apparent that Sirianni doesn't know how to utilize them.

Easy to blame the QB or question the production from the skill players, but the head coach is directly to blame for the bad playcalling, not creating mismatches, bad situational decisions.  And the players are young and will make mistakes......but Sirianni is not what was advertised.

• Like 1

Agree on Sirianni. If rent is due everyday, then Nick is a dollar short and a day late every Sunday. 

But it's a new day... lets focus on the positives:

• On offense, some guys I'm excited for the future - 1) Devonta Smith 2)Landon Dickerson 3) Kenny Gainwell. In fact the offensive line in general has been a lot of young guys having to step up, and they haven't looked as bad as they could. Growing pains for sure, but you can build something there with another offseason of turnover. Devonta really is a numba one guy, not much more needs to be said about him. Kenny G has even more juice than Sanders at this point. I'm a Penn State guy, so love having Sanders, but Kenny G has really noticeable talent. I don't know that he has workhorse ability, but if he's a Darren Sproles type change of pace guy, he adds a dimension to an offense. 
  • On defense... Well at least Sweat is locked up long term. As I said, just not a lot of players I see sticking around for 3-4 years. Milton Williams has at least seen some playing time and done some positive things, which is actually really impressive considering our starting DT combo, so I can be optimistic about him too I guess.
  • Siposs - what a punter! It's nice to unequivocally say that one phase of this team is doing a great job, just unfortunate it's the guy you don't see when the other phases of your team go perfectly. 
  • Most importantly - I don't have to root for the Eagles to tank. Normally when the team looks this bad, I'd say "lose as many games as possible, get a better pick" - but F that. Go out there and win some games you shouldn't (like Carolina.) End up with a 7-10 record and a 14th selection. I can root for the Dolphins to tank so their pick is in the top 5. Rooting for the Dolphins to lose is like rooting for Tampa Bay to win - odds are good. Matter of fact, let's root for the Colts to make the playoffs too. Go Indy! I'll take a 26th overall selection to add a 1st round guard prospect next year. 100% agreeable.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/11/2021 at 4:36 AM, birdman#12 said:

With the talent the eagles have in the skill positions, it's becoming more and more apparent that Sirianni doesn't know how to utilize them.

Easy to blame the QB or question the production from the skill players, but the head coach is directly to blame for the bad playcalling, not creating mismatches, bad situational decisions.  And the players are young and will make mistakes......but Sirianni is not what was advertised.

Sirianni's play calling is so bad that it makes me wonder whether he's trying to set Jalen Hurts up to fail.  I am a Jalen Hurts fan, so I admit bias.  The way Sirianni called the entire first half of the Giants game on 12-26-21 was abysmal.  Bring in any other head coach with prior HC experience, keep Jalen Hurts at QB, and the Birds are in the Super Bowl before long.  (Just MHO, of course.)  Go Eagles !

On 12/4/2021 at 12:48 PM, GA4M said:

It's very clear the OP's wife is a bored person.:rolleyes:

We thought you were his wife, butthole boy

1 hour ago, ripcord65 said:

Sirianni's play calling is so bad that it makes me wonder whether he's trying to set Jalen Hurts up to fail.  I am a Jalen Hurts fan, so I admit bias.  The way Sirianni called the entire first half of the Giants game on 12-26-21 was abysmal.  Bring in any other head coach with prior HC experience, keep Jalen Hurts at QB, and the Birds are in the Super Bowl before long.  (Just MHO, of course.)  Go Eagles !

Wow, you graduate kindergarten yet

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/10/2021 at 5:04 PM, Cutsona25 said:

It's a bend, bend, bend, break defense... Missed assignments, poor tackling, giving up 5 yards per run play... it's all bad... a good QB can torch this secondary... Add on to that the STUPID penalties... I'm done hoping Barnett pulls his head out of his ass. 

To be blunt - Jalen Hurts is not the guy right now. Maybe he can be the guy in 2 years, but I doubt it... His only skillset seems to be rolling to his right and throwing it up for Devonta... Hurts seems like a really nice dude, and a good leader, and I'll root for him as long as he's under center, but I think the front office will only be as loyal as their options. 

Aside from being a terrible WR... can Reagor just stop being on special teams? I'd rather see Ward catch the ball and fall down than Reagor's backward-running-to-try-to-make-a-big-play stupid selfish BS he does.

I think these takes aged well this season. Good QBs torched the defense, bad QBs made them look awesome. It's not the Eagles defense/mentality I'm used to seeing in the past, but it's a new day and maybe they were good enough? 

Offensively Nick started running the ball better, which worked well until it didn't. Feelings on Hurts haven't changed. Nice guy, great runner, sub-par thrower. I don't mind rooting for that for a couple years, see if he develops, but I doubt Roseman will be as patient as I'm willing to be. We'll see.

Barnett and Reagor are trash cans. Props to Mailata for the season he had - taking over a starting LT job is never easy. Decent season, enjoyed it.

On 12/26/2021 at 9:38 PM, olsilverhair said:

We thought you were his wife, butthole boy

Wow, you graduate kindergarten yet

If you have a rainbow sticker on the back of your hover round that says, " I like balls bouncing off my chin”, then don’t reply

On 1/22/2022 at 12:08 PM, The Blackfish said:

If you have a rainbow sticker on the back of your hover round that says, " I like balls bouncing off my chin”, then don’t reply

Looks like you shop at Oldjokes.com. 

5 minutes ago, GA4M said:

Looks like you shop at Oldjokes.com. 

I learned it from you, so the next time I see your brown eye or your tonsils on the other side of the Glorious hole, I won’t be so kind. 

20 hours ago, The Blackfish said:

I learned it from you, so the next time I see your brown eye or your tonsils on the other side of the Glorious hole, I won’t be so kind. 

You are extremely Fatog talking like this, there's just no words for you, fudge face.

18 hours ago, hputenis said:

Fake Interest GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Enough, alrighty?

• Like 1

G4 has shoved so many gerbils into his colon that when he takes a dump, it looks like a new Alvin and the Chipmunks movie.

3 hours ago, Cutsona25 said:

G4 has shoved so many gerbils into his colon that when he takes a dump, it looks like a new Alvin and the Chipmunks movie.

Hard to believe how fatog you've become over time:nonono: