How did OLine play?

psychodog

Generally it held up pretty well I think. I didn't see anything bar the 2 sacks which was on Mailata that made me think "my god they need Lane back and this OL is screwed long term".

1 hour ago, psychodog said:

Game wasn't televised in our area so wondering how the OLine held up?  Particularly Dillard and Mailata.

So so. The unit as a whole played better against the Chiefs than they did against the Panthers.

I'm not saying Mailata had a bad game or anything, but there was one play where he got absolutely abused for a sack in such a fashion that if it had been Dillard, the typical Eagles fan would have been in an uproar about how terrible he is. But since it was Mailata, it was "just one play". 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

So so. The unit as a whole played better against the Chiefs than they did against the Panthers.

I'm not saying Mailata had a bad game or anything, but there was one play where he got absolutely abused for a sack in such a fashion that if it had been Dillard, the typical Eagles fan would have been in an uproar about how terrible he is. But since it was Mailata, it was "just one play". 

Mailata was at RT instead of his usual LT position.

5 minutes ago, EagleMatt said:

Yea so him not moving at all at the snap doesn’t matter. 

5 minutes ago, EagleMatt said:

Yes and he looked uncomfortable at times.  I get that Dillard needs to play LT but Mailata seems much better on the left side.  If/when Lane returns they'll certainly flip him back but Dillard and Mailata might be your tackles of the future.  

At some point Lane will be gone, so its good to get other Linemen quality, game time/speed  some reps at RT.

With that said, I thought they played ok overall.

The Eagles have a problem for sure. Mailata it seems is better at LT and he's being paid to play LT (though there's a debate to be had around whether with Hurts RT may be just as important). Dillard is playing pretty well at the moment, not great but he's doing fine. And Lane is an unknown right now and regardless is later in his career. 

7 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Dillard played well at left tackle .