Should the NFL ellimate the mandatory kickoff rule?

danderson400

What happened?

Or they could just revert back to the rules before the change that effectively made it useless

• Like 1

1 hour ago, danderson400 said:

Given this bit Fox in the butt on Sunday in New York, should the rule be changed?

No !

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, downundermike said:

What is this discussion even about?

I have no idea lol, something about something that happened on Fox about a kick off 🤷. It is like a JP thread lol. 

• 2 weeks later...

I miss kickoffs: 35-yard line, 5-man wedge, unbalanced lines on the onside kick. It was beautiful mayhem, the most exciting play in pro sports...and the NFL KILLED it.

15 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

I miss kickoffs: 35-yard line, 5-man wedge, unbalanced lines on the onside kick. It was beautiful mayhem, the most exciting play in pro sports...and the NFL KILLED it.

The onside kick stuff is the one that really gets me because I don't see how that one benefits the sport at all, it's basically killed off the spectacle of the miraculous late comeback, condemned every game with a late touchdown to the certainty of a farce of an onside kick attempt and then 2 minutes of pointless timeouts followed by full playclock chewing victory formations, so what is the sport or the paying customer gaining from the rule change?

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

The onside kick stuff is the one that really gets me because I don't see how that one benefits the sport at all

It's not about the sport. It's about some feigned interest in "player safety."