Squid Game - Netflix (Anyone watch?)

SPIDER-MAN

I knew it was going to suck me in and glad I let it. I am only 1.5 episodes in, but the story is intriguing.

Squid-Game-Doll-Red-Light-Green-Light.jp

The marbles episode is one of the best TV episodes I have ever seen.  Up there with the best GoT episodes for emotional pull.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

The marbles episode is one of the best TV episodes I have ever seen.  Up there with the best GoT episodes for emotional pull.

Definitely heart breaking

I didn't plan to watch it, but was bored one night and decided to watch the first episode to see what it was all about. 

Kind of a dark show but interesting. The first Korean show/movie/anything that I've ever watched. 

23 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I didn't plan to watch it, but was bored one night and decided to watch the first episode to see what it was all about. 

Kind of a dark show but interesting. The first Korean show/movie/anything that I've ever watched. 

There's some great Korean movies/shows on Netflix when you're done with Squid Game

• Like 1

Finished it this weekend. Really enjoyed it.

Spoiler

Ending was meh. The "twist" with the old man was pretty unnecessary and kind of cheapened the drama of the marble episode for no good reason. Are we assuming there will be a season 2? Not really sure where they can go with it unless they just introduce new characters and have more Squid Games, or I guess the main character (that's right, I didn't learn anyone's name) can just attempt to hunt down the creators of the game for 9 episodes? Either way, I'm not really sure how they could live up to season 1. 

31 minutes ago, Kz! said:

Finished it this weekend. Really enjoyed it.

Hide contents

Ending was meh. The "twist" with the old man was pretty unnecessary and kind of cheapened the drama of the marble episode for no good reason. Are we assuming there will be a season 2? Not really sure where they can go with it unless they just introduce new characters and have more Squid Games, or I guess the main character (that's right, I didn't learn anyone's name) can just attempt to hunt down the creators of the game for 9 episodes? Either way, I'm not really sure how they could live up to season 1. 

If they make a season 2 I'd be interested in the backstory of the Front Man. Make it about his time in the games and how he ended up in such a high position. 

• Like 3

On 10/22/2021 at 7:55 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Koreans make some dark, dark stuff.

Check out a movie called "Oldboy” (the original Korean one, not the US remake).

• 3 weeks later...

You really need to watch the Korean flick "Parasite" but I also endorse "Oldboy"

The one failing of Korean TV/movies is that they use awful Australian actors when they need to portray Americans

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

First batch of the reality series aired.  I thought it was really good.  I wasn’t sure how they were going to do it, but I think they did a really good job of trying to stay close to the tv show without going too crazy and too far off from the show.

• Like 1

I’m hooked on the reality show. It’s a mix of The Challenge and Big Brother. My one complaint is they have a little too many eliminations that just screw other players out of the game without even giving them a chance. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I’m hooked on the reality show. It’s a mix of The Challenge and Big Brother. My one complaint is they have a little too many eliminations that just screw other players out of the game without even giving them a chance. 

I agree.  While it does add an element of social play, it’s a bit too ridiculous and random for someone to be given the power to eliminate players.  Without giving anything away, I will say that the vote part was interesting and not too bad, but the last elimination test I wasn’t a fan of.

12 minutes ago, RPeeteRules said:

I agree.  While it does add an element of social play, it’s a bit too ridiculous and random for someone to be given the power to eliminate players.  Without giving anything away, I will say that the vote part was interesting and not too bad, but the last elimination test I wasn’t a fan of.

Yup, the last one was the turn off. "You won an advantage” then a minute later "you are eliminated” makes sense but it’s just bad for viewers. And they built up Doc, whatever his name was, just to eliminate him in the most anticlimactic way. 

New episodes released.  Watched all except the last episode so far.  Interesting how they work together in an individual game, and how quickly someone can be seen as the villain.

On 11/29/2023 at 10:39 PM, RPeeteRules said:

New episodes released.  Watched all except the last episode so far.  Interesting how they work together in an individual game, and how quickly someone can be seen as the villain.

Spoiler

I was glad the chick that didn't take her turn on the bridge (and caused the safe son to plummet) got dropped. 

Second group of episodes was much better. Smaller crowd pool so the eliminations all made sense and had strategy to them and felt less random.

Spoiler

That was definitely the worst finale I’ve ever seen lol. Couldn’t make it anymore anticlimactic 

this show is fun as hell so far.

Spoiler

i'm at the part after the cookie thing where that guy answered the phone for the 2nd time.   :lol:  at that spencer guy for getting bullied into picking the umbrella shape. what a doof!  and 432 gotta go! 

On 12/13/2023 at 11:44 AM, mr_hunt said:

this show is fun as hell so far.

Reveal hidden contents

i'm at the part after the cookie thing where that guy answered the phone for the 2nd time.   :lol:  at that spencer guy for getting bullied into picking the umbrella shape. what a doof!  and 432 gotta go! 

I liked it