Road to Victory

Poll: Which is a funnier Eagles quote  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Poll: which is a funnier Eagles quote

• The Gold Standard
    • The Quarterback Factory
    • The first thing about being smart is knowing what to do

Or … New Norm

We're just chock full of idiotic quotes from the clowns that sit atop this organization.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

The first thing about being smart is knowing what to do.  

Let me edit it.

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Write in vote

OP is geigh 

Go suck off Wentz some more…

• Haha 1

Considering that the Gold Standard quote was taken completely out of context and the idiotic radio personalities ran on that, it has to be the QB Factory quote.

I'm not bothered by any of those quotes.  I don't give a sh** about quotes, quotes are not in uniform on the field and they don't count for any points last I checked.

• Like 2

The "QB factory" was probably the stupidest thing I've ever heard from someone in the NFL.

Why the f--- would a professional team want to be a QB factory?   The NFL is notorious for chewing up and spitting out QBs, ruining their careers and moving on to draft other young QBs into bad organizations and f--- them up.

The gold standard was bad.....considering they could never win a super bowl and always choking.

On 10/26/2021 at 12:07 AM, BayAreaLennie said:

I'm not bothered by any of those quotes.  I don't give a sh** about quotes, quotes are not in uniform on the field and they don't count for any points last I checked.

Yeah, but could you imagine if they did? We'd be a pretty formidable team right now. 

58 minutes ago, birdman#12 said:

The "QB factory" was probably the stupidest thing I've ever heard from someone in the NFL.

Why the f--- would a professional team want to be a QB factory?   The NFL is notorious for chewing up and spitting out QBs, ruining their careers and moving on to draft other young QBs into bad organizations and f--- them up.

The gold standard was bad.....considering they could never win a super bowl and always choking.

Except the quote had to do with their contracts department and how they dealt with the salary cap. Back then the Eagles were one of the only teams to employ a person dedicate to the cap and they provided the blue print for every other team in the league. Even when Lurie said that, he said that he would open up his books to the other owners so they could see how they did it.

They WERE the Gold Standard when it came to that. The stupid Philly sports media manipulated it and morphed it into something completely different and everyone has just sucked on that teat since.

3 hours ago, pallidrone said:

Except the quote had to do with their contracts department and how they dealt with the salary cap. Back then the Eagles were one of the only teams to employ a person dedicate to the cap and they provided the blue print for every other team in the league. Even when Lurie said that, he said that he would open up his books to the other owners so they could see how they did it.

They WERE the Gold Standard when it came to that. The stupid Philly sports media manipulated it and morphed it into something completely different and everyone has just sucked on that teat since.

I guess I'm guilty as charged.

15 minutes ago, birdman#12 said:

I guess I'm guilty as charged.

We are all guilty of that. We can only take in so much information on any given day and there are probably a lot of things that we believe are true that just are not.

This one has pissed me off for years. Probably because I really, really, really loathe Catadli with every fiber of my being and he was the one that pushed this particular narrative.

• Like 1

How about ; " rent being due”… if that’s the case somebody or a lot of folks should be evicted!