Michael Thomas

eaglesfan0075

I picked up Michael Thomas and stashed him on my bench for to hopefully boost my roster in the late-season/playoffs.

However I am currently 4-3 and projected 4th seed in our PPR league (10 teams, 4 teams go to playoffs), in a fairly competitive league (the bottom 2 teams are 2-5 and we have 4 teams that are 3-4). There is a 2-5 owner in my league who put Robert Woods on the trading block (his other WR are Calvin Ridley, Michael Pittman, Emmanuel Sanders, and Jarvis Landry). I've tried making trades for Pittman and Sanders using Gainwell (he has Sanders) and either Meyers/Jones but there was no interest.

I received a counter offer of Robert Woods for Julio Jones and Michael Thomas. If this were a few years ago, this trade would be considered collusion, but in light of the age and injury situations of both All-Pro WRs, we are at a point where this trade is actually legitimately on the table.

My gut says to hold onto MT and his upside, and hope I can weather the next few weeks before he returns to the lineup so I can start him next to Davante Adams, but is that the right call?

Looking at my roster, it appears that WR2 and TE are the biggest weak areas:

QB: Tom Brady

RB: Austin Ekeler, Darrell Henderson, Cordarrelle Patterson, Kenneth Gainwell

WR: Davante Adams*, Chase Claypool, Jakobi Meyers, Julio Jones, Hunter Renfrow, Michael Thomas*

TE: George Kittle (IR*), Dawson Knox*, Hunter Henry

D/ST: 49ers

K: Greg Zuerlein

I think Thomas projects better than Woods when he comes back. But when is he going to play? There’s no sign he’ll be ready soon. 

I’d take Woods and the points, and then you’re set at WR. He’s pretty good right now. Julio Jones is banged up, past his prime. And you don’t know when Michael Thomas takes the field. 

5 hours ago, toolg said:

I think Thomas projects better than Woods when he comes back. But when is he going to play? There’s no sign he’ll be ready soon. 

I’d take Woods and the points, and then you’re set at WR. He’s pretty good right now. Julio Jones is banged up, past his prime. And you don’t know when Michael Thomas takes the field. 

Julio at this point I don't expect much from, probably a desperation FLEX play at most given the run heavy offense the Titans run, essentially a throw-in for the trade. It's the risk/reward of taking what Woods has to offer now versus what Thomas could offer in the future?

If I don't make the trade, I'm relying on one of Claypool/Meyers/Renfrow to be the WR2 under normal circumstances since Jones and Thomas are hurt. Would Robert Woods be considered enough of an upgrade to make the deal? Maybe it is, and I'm tempted to accept the offer as is.

Maybe I should see if I can package one of those 3 with Thomas for a bigger upgrade next to Adams, assuming someone else with WR depth bites?