Two Trades Down, Any More On The Way?

time2rock

Two Trades Down, Any More On The Way?

The NFL trade deadline is this Tuesday coming up, November 2nd. The Eagles have already made two moves in trading Zach Ertz and Joe Flacco. With the Eagles clearly struggling and not in a win-now mode it would be beneficial for the team to unload some veterans and acquire more draft capital. Which Eagles could possibly play their last game on Sunday?

The first and most logical name that comes to mind is Derek Barnett. An Eagles career that started off so promising is now nearing the end. After the Eagles’ extension of Josh Sweat, it was clear that Barnett is not in the future plans of the Eagles. Teams are always looking for help at the defensive end so the Eagles could have several suitors for Barnett. Teams like the Chiefs or Titans would make sense for Derek Barnett. A fourth-rounder could probably get the deal done and the Eagles should have no hesitation accepting it for a player who isn’t in their future plans.

The next option is a player who is in a similar situation to Barnett. Tackle Andre Dillard has been the subject of trade rumors the last couple of weeks. Reports have come out that the Eagles have been getting calls about Dillard and that a good day two pick could get the deal done. With the Eagles already financially committing to Jordan Mailata as the future of their left tackle position they should have no issues trading Dillard.

Olson.JPG.5619656434c00d6c7ed217d6efcc5db7.JPG

The Eagles have also been linked a lot to quarterback Deshaun Watson. With the Eagles’ draft capital they would have no issue making a move for the star quarterback. The talent is no question for Watson but the locker room presence is a different story. With a team that is still trying to find its identity, it would seem foolish to bring in a player with the baggage like Watson. While he is an exceptional talent, the fit in Philadelphia isn’t there.

Dillard and Barnett seem like the most logical Eagles to get dealt before the deadline Tuesday but there aren’t a lot of players who are untouchable. The Eagles have several players who could be difference-makers on a contending team. The Eagles have been willing to deal so we will have to see what else Howie has up his sleeves.  Names like Brandon Brooks, Alex Singleton, Eric Wilson, Ryan Kerrigan, and Anthony Harris are just some of the players who could potentially be traded by the deadline Tuesday.

olson2.JPG.6fe98d07e1a8a4d5eaacd0c06de88924.JPG

Howie will always be one of the top GMs in the trade market. We are more so used to seeing Howie wheel and deal for players instead of trading them away, like Jay Ajayi, Michael Bennett, and Golden Tate. With the current state of the Eagles, it wouldn’t be surprising to see some other veteran Eagles get dealt prior to the deadline Tuesday. Some players could be playing in their final games Sunday. We will just have to wait and see.

https://www.phlsportsnation.com/2021/10/30/two-trades-down-any-more-on-the-way/

For me you trade Cox, you try and shop Brooks again and you see what the offers may be for Dillard. I think Dillard has some value especially if we trained Mailata to play RT but if the offer is a decent one then take it. 

13 hours ago, EagleTen said:

Cox is now untradeable after his contract restructure recently…

Wasn't the same said about Wentz?

Maybe, but there’s no way even Howie takes a $37m dead money hit for a DT! No way…even Howie is not that dumb…

I'd unload Barnett as fast as I could......

I'd keep Dillard around......the eagles always have some offensive lineman getting hurt.

Cox is untradeable with that contract until after june1 next year.  Only and idiot GM would take Brooks, the guy can't stay healthy.

Assuming a fair offer in return:

Barnett? Yes.

Dillard? Yes.

Brooks? Yes.

Cox is a non-starter this year.

I'd prefer trying to get 2023 picks though. I think they have enough for 2022.

• Like 1