A veteran DC

eaglesfan0075

I think it's highly unlikely the Eagles let go of Nick Sirianni after this season given it's his first year in what was expected to be a rebuild (only way I see that happening this year is if he pulls a Chip Kelly and alienates the players with his ego).

He appears to be learning from *some* of his mistakes at least, for a rookie head coach. I know Jonathan Gannon was considered by some to be a "hot name" in coaching circles at the time of the hire, but having a rookie DC on top of a rookie HC was probably too much of a gamble to begin with. The defense looks worse than the offense and it's not like the offense is exactly crushing it out there right now.

If Mike Zimmer is let go by the Vikings he'd be a very good pickup since he runs a 4-3. Vic Fangio would also be a solid choice if he is let go by the Broncos, but Fangio would likely convert the scheme to a 3-4, meaning a longer rebuild on defense. 

• Like 1

I think it's such a shame that Gannon has looked so lost and so useless. He came in with a lot of hype and was a hot candidate for a lot of other teams not just us. But to be honest he's pretty much been a disaster so far. His scheme is non existent (when he did say he didn't have a scheme but it wasn't meant to be like this) and his play calling lacks creation and aggression. 

He's got to go. 

5 hours ago, Kwahu said:

I’d love Todd Bowles back in Philly, though he is clearly being primed for the HC role

Lurie made it well known that Offense is his top priority. So will not see a Defensive minded HC anytime in the future with Lurie here. 

Funny enough, we had an experienced and successful DC for the past several seasons and hated him too.  

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Rex Ryan :ph34r:

Ive been calling for him since 2019. Would be a great fit for this team and city. Question is does he still have it being out of the game for so many years.

1 hour ago, DeathByEagle said:

Ive been calling for him since 2019. Would be a great fit for this team and city. Question is does he still have it being out of the game for so many years.

I think he's just fine doing what he's currently doing

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/8/2021 at 9:49 AM, DeathByEagle said:

Lurie made it well known that Offense is his top priority. So will not see a Defensive minded HC anytime in the future with Lurie here. 

Truth be told, we need a new owner, Lurie is football ignorant.

14 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Truth be told, we need a new owner, Lurie is football ignorant.

And this is coming for an expert in football ignorant

On 11/7/2021 at 11:02 PM, eaglesfan0075 said:

I think it's highly unlikely the Eagles let go of Nick Sirianni after this season given it's his first year in what was expected to be a rebuild (only way I see that happening this year is if he pulls a Chip Kelly and alienates the players with his ego).

He appears to be learning from *some* of his mistakes at least, for a rookie head coach. I know Jonathan Gannon was considered by some to be a "hot name" in coaching circles at the time of the hire, but having a rookie DC on top of a rookie HC was probably too much of a gamble to begin with. The defense looks worse than the offense and it's not like the offense is exactly crushing it out there right now.

Honestly, neither Sirianni nor Gannon were good hires, they simply don't know the X's and O's well enough.