Dexter Reboot

Gannan

I saw a bunch of people talking about this in the game day thread, so I figured what the heck and renewed my Showtime subscription to check it out. It starts out a little slow but really picks up steam as it goes. 

Spoiler

I really like how they worked Deb back into the show. I had heard they were going to but wasn't sure how. I'm guessing his relationship with Harrison is going to be the main focus of the show. I hope so anyway. I think this reboot has a lot of potential. 

• Like 2

Love the original show. First episode of the reboot or whatever it’s called was good. 

police chick is hot. 

I was majorly into this show when it was on Netflix until about season 5 - then I got sick of it.  I read the recap of the remaining seasons so I at least know what happened.  I’ll definitely check this out

1 hour ago, mikemack8 said:

I was majorly into this show when it was on Netflix until about season 5 - then I got sick of it.  I read the recap of the remaining seasons so I at least know what happened.  I’ll definitely check this out

Yeah that’s when pretty much everyone felt it fell of the rails. Hard to follow one of best seasons of tv in season 4. 

Anyway has potential and keeping interest so far. Rich kid was a total dbag so doing good job rooting for serial killer already. 

On 11/11/2021 at 5:57 PM, Toty said:

So is it a reboot as in they're starting over?

No. The events of this show happen ten years after he faked his death.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone still watching?  I caught up on episodes 4 and 5 last night.  It's fine, but it's still the same old Dexter.  

On 11/8/2021 at 5:06 PM, homerpat said:

Yeah that’s when pretty much everyone felt it fell of the rails. Hard to follow one of best seasons of tv in season 4. 

Anyway has potential and keeping interest so far. Rich kid was a total dbag so doing good job rooting for serial killer already. 

Wifey is super pissed that this is getting rebooted.  She says she suffered the final seasons, especially the awful final, only under the promise that it was ending.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Anyone still watching?  I caught up on episodes 4 and 5 last night.  It's fine, but it's still the same old Dexter.  

Yes, I'm really enjoying it. 

• 4 weeks later...

Finale this Sunday - anyone else still watching?

Spoiler

Looks like Dexter gets arrested.  Curious how they're gonna wrap this up - does Dexter finally go down?  Does Harrison promise to continue his work?  Does Harrison have a change of heart and end up turning Dexter in?  He did seem to be bothered by everything that went down with Kurt and the aftermath of them killing him.  

Everything I'm reading says this is a one and done season to tie a bow on things for fans that weren't happy with how it originally ended.  

1 hour ago, mikemack8 said:

Finale this Sunday - anyone else still watching?

Hide contents

Looks like Dexter gets arrested.  Curious how they're gonna wrap this up - does Dexter finally go down?  Does Harrison promise to continue his work?  Does Harrison have a change of heart and end up turning Dexter in?  He did seem to be bothered by everything that went down with Kurt and the aftermath of them killing him.  

Everything I'm reading says this is a one and done season to tie a bow on things for fans that weren't happy with how it originally ended.  

My thought is

Spoiler

The preview showing him being arrested is a misdirection. I think the reboot is too popular to be one and done, but you could be right. Would make a lot of sense. 

8 minutes ago, Gannan said:

My thought is

Reveal hidden contents

The preview showing him being arrested is a misdirection. I think the reboot is too popular to be one and done, but you could be right. Would make a lot of sense. 

Spoiler

I considered that as well - the arrest being some kind of misdirection.  Maybe he does get arrested, but not for anyone's murder?  What else could they get him for?  The ketamine needles possibly, but that still points to him being the BHB.  I mean the last episode did end with Angela getting the note from Kurt that "Jim" killed Matt.  

I kinda hope they keep it going - Dexter is still one of those shows that gets my blood pressure on the rise.

• Like 1