Eagles Mock Draft (11-10-2021)

Ray75

Yes, I completely deleted my previous mock. Sorry for that. Just wasn't happy with it.

After last sunday’s game, one thing became abundantly clear; Sirianni’s playcalling, Hurts and this offense in general are not the problem. Gannon’s passive scheme and the D-line not generating enough pressure on a consistent basis are. 

I was talking myself into Eagles taking a QB early but do any of the top prospects offer a serious upgrade over what we have now? Wouldn’t it be a waste of a selection if that QB just offers a minor uptick?!

What do Agholor, Wentz, Goedert, Dillard, Sanders, JJAW, Reagor, Hurts, Smith and Dickerson have in common?! All offensive players and all taken in either the first or second round since 2015.

What about the defense?! Well...how about Derrick Barnett and Sidney Jones. Yes, you read that right! Only first or second rounders we used on that side of the ball since 2015. And you know who we took the year prior?! Marcus Smith!

It’s about time the Eagles stop neglecting the defensive side of the ball, right?!

Eagles should re-sign Maddox and Nelson if the price is right and use first four picks on defense if it were up to me.

So for the sake of the argument I say they will...and Howie defers from the Eagles ridiculous mantra of undervaluing both the safety and linebacker position...

How I project the first 7 selections will go;

1) Det - Justin Thibodeaux;, DE, Oregon; 

2) Hou - Matt Corral, QB, Ole Miss;

3) Phi - Aidan Hutchinson, DE, Michigan;

4) Jac - Evan Neil, OT, Alabama;

5) WFT - Malik Willis, QB, Liberty;

6) NYJ - Derrick Stingley, CB, LSU;

7) Phi - Kyle Hamilton, S, Notre Dame;

Complete haul;

Round 1) Aidan Hutchinson, DE, Michigan;
Round 1) Kyle Hamilton, S, Notre Dame;
Round 1) Devin Lloyd, LB, Utah;
Round 2)  Roger McCreary, CB, Auburn;
Round 3)  George Pickens, WR, Georgia;
Round 4) Cade Mays, OG, Tennessee;
Round 5) Daniel Faalele, OT, Minnesota;
Round 5) Kolby Harvell-Peel, SS, Oklahoma State;
Round 5) Charlie Kolar, TE, Iowa State;
Round 6) Adisa Isaac, DE, Penn State;

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I commend you for projecting the first 6 picks in round one. Alot can change between now and next April, but that seems to be a somewhat realistic projection.

Your first two picks give me reason for hope, as I think they fill our most immediate needs and they both offer quality contributions to our roster going forward over the remainder of this decade.

Beyond those two selections, I must defer to the earlier thread re: waiting until free agency settles down.

Regarding your other selections, I think Brandon Smith might offer better value if he makes it to our second-round pick. That would give us a chance to obtain a quality corner, or a "can't miss" center (Linderbaum) with our third pick in the 1st.

Additionally, Pickens might return to Georgia next season, given that he has not played one down yet in 2021.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Crazy Legs said:

I commend you for projecting the first 6 picks in round one. Alot can change between now and next April, but that seems to be a somewhat realistic projection.

Your first two picks give me reason for hope, as I think they fill our most immediate needs and they both offer quality contributions to our roster going forward over the remainder of this decade.

Beyond those two selections, I must defer to the earlier thread re: waiting until free agency settles down.

Regarding your other selections, I think Brandon Smith might offer better value if he makes it to our second-round pick. That would give us a chance to obtain a quality corner, or a "can't miss" center (Linderbaum) with our third pick in the 1st.

Additionally, Pickens might return to Georgia next season, given that he has not played one down yet in 2021.

It’s indeed really early but nonetheless super fun to fantasise what we can do with those high picks.

Toyed with the idea of taking a corner like Gardner with that Colts pick and taking Smith in the 2nd but already posted a mock in which we did both.

Pickens might return agreed.

4 hours ago, Ray75 said:

It’s indeed really early but nonetheless super fun to fantasise what we can do with those high picks.

Toyed with the idea of taking a corner like Gardner with that Colts pick and taking Smith in the 2nd but already posted a mock in which we did both.

Pickens might return agreed.

Yes, it's fun to speculate, consider inputs and revise...as the season provides us with a more focused perspective.

what truly intrigues me are the day 3 picks. You always seem to come up with players I have absolutely no knowledge thereof. I feel that this is where franchises can make or break their future. We and other teams sometimes find gems that others often overlook in these later rounds.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

Make it happen Ray!!!

Thanks!

The question we’re all dealing with is this;

I haven’t seen so much divide under fans and experts alike about a young QB...ever. Some think he’s definitely not the guy, orhers think he is, some are still undecided.

Personally I’m not siding with one camp or the other. I feel there’s something there. He might not be perfect, no young QB is but I see progress. This offense simply suits him better and some throws he made in the Chargers game were very good (especially the one to Smith for the TD. Big boy throw under pressure in the pocket).

The real question is; what’s best for the Eagles?

A) Keeping Hurts, who’s able to score 25-30 points per game with this offense, + using your 3 first rounders to build a bad ass defense to help him out.

B) using the ammo to trade for a vet like Wilson;

C) Using one of your 3 first rounders on a QB (Pickett, Corral, Willis) and start another QB controversy.

I’m picking option A without a doubt. Give me 3 studs on defense, re-sign Maddox and Nelson and let’s go.

Look I like Pickett and Corral but are they that much better than Hurts?! I don’t think so. They might have a better, more accurate arm but Jalen can work on that all offseason with an entire season under his belt.

Imagine Jalen only getting better and better but you’ve given this team 3 blue chip prospects on defense? Yeah, maybe Gannon is not the guy and we bring in another DC. Still like that idea way more than using one of those picks on Pickett or Corral or all of them on Wilson but that’s just me...

9 hours ago, Infam said:

Not gonna lie, Faalele in the fifth is the biggest pipe dream I have ever seen from you. 😁✌️

Too early to tell. We don’t know yet where prospects will go. Used multiple simulators and he was still on the board in that 4-5 round range. You might be right though...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

Thanks!

The question we’re all dealing with is this;

I haven’t seen so much divide under fans and experts alike about a young QB...ever. Some think he’s definitely not the guy, orhers think he is, some are still undecided.

Personally I’m not siding with one camp or the other. I feel there’s something there. He might not be perfect, no young QB is but I see progress. This offense simply suits him better and some throws he made in the Chargers game were very good (especially the one to Smith for the TD. Big boy throw under pressure in the pocket).

The real question is; what’s best for the Eagles?

A) Keeping Hurts, who’s able to score 25-30 points per game with this offense, + using your 3 first rounders to build a bad ass defense to help him out.

B) using the ammo to trade for a vet like Wilson;

C) Using one of your 3 first rounders on a QB (Pickett, Corral, Willis) and start another QB controversy.

I’m picking option A without a doubt. Give me 3 studs on defense, re-sign Maddox and Nelson and let’s go.

Look I like Pickett and Corral but are they that much better than Hurts?! I don’t think so. They might have a better, more accurate arm but Jalen can work on that all offseason with an entire season under his belt.

Imagine Jalen only getting better and better but you’ve given this team 3 blue chip prospects on defense? Yeah, maybe Gannon is not the guy and we bring in another DC. Still like that idea way more than using one of those picks on Pickett or Corral or all of them on Wilson but that’s just me...

Well obviously I’d prefer atleast one pick for the offense, but I get it.

30 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

Too early to tell. We don’t know yet where prospects will go. Used multiple simulators and he was still on the board in that 4-5 round range. You might be right though...

Simulators are.. weird. If you look at CBS, Faalele is at 38. Seen several takes where he ended up a late first/ early second.

20 minutes ago, Infam said:

Well obviously I’d prefer atleast one pick for the offense, but I get it.

Simulators are.. weird. If you look at CBS, Faalele is at 38. Seen several takes where he ended up a late first/ early second.

I’m probably not as high on CBS as you are but fair point nonetheless.

We used all our high draft resources on offense 3 years in a row. You can’t keep signing bandaids every offseason and expect the defense to be good every single year. Our top defenders are aging. It’s about time you do something about that IMO.