Duke basketball thread - DrPhilly’s preseason pick to win it all.

The_Omega

3 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Transfer portal and players going to the NBA early has done more to hurt it.  Nothing to do with the NFL schedule.

BTW, how are all of you people Duke fans to begin with?  Dare I ask?

Bobby Hurley.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Two of the biggest ****ers in ACC history.  Yuck.  

I have been a Carolina fan longer than both of you.  But I respect the hell out of Coach K and love the rivalry.  My middle school gym teacher in Va Beach was JR Reid's dad.  Not that any of you guys care.  

I partied with JR Reid in a hotel room in Cherry Grove one spring break. He was a cool guy.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

That's cool.  Must be a few years older than me.  

M3BxLehPbcGD.gif

The year was 1988.  I was an 18 year old moron.  Middle of the afternoon, drunk as a skunk, we met some girls who wanted to get high, said they were headed to a party. We tagged along, walked into the hotel room, and he was in there with a couple of other guys. Good times.

• Haha 1

On 1/31/2022 at 9:51 AM, 4for4EaglesNest said:

BTW, how are all of you people Duke fans to begin with?  Dare I ask?

Laettner stomping on Timberlake and getting away with it is what made me a Duke fan

I’m kidding of course - I don’t care for Duke.  But my favorite Duke player was Shane Battier.  What a competitor.  

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

So a bandwagon.  Got it.  

Did you think I was serious?

:roll: 

7 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

Did you think I was serious?

:roll: 

You should have gone to the game.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

You should have gone to the game.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dave Moss said:

Laettner stomping on Timberlake and getting away with it is what made me a Duke fan

image.gif.22146d5256509ac11085241deba1aa5a.gif

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

I think that was the best game ever.  That one or the ACC Championship game 1974 with Maryland vs. NC State (look that one up).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

He should not be coaching any more.

Also no reason for other dude to put his hands on him. 

Another angle of the incident. 

To me, it looks one of the Wisconsin assistants goes in hot after Howard and Gard exchange words.  That’s who Howard swings at. 

Whatever everyone else did leading up to Howard throwing the punch paled in comparison to the punch. If you want to punish them for it fine, whatever, but Howard’s actions were a disproportionate escalation that led to a melee, that led to a number of his players also throwing punches. Ridiculous.

Michigan men's basketball coach Juwan Howard has been suspended five games -- the remainder of the regular season -- and fined $40,000 for hitting Wisconsin assistant coach Joe Krabbenhoft in the face after Sunday's game, the Big Ten Conference announced on Monday.

Wisconsin coach Greg Gard was fined $10,000 but not suspended, while Krabbenhoft is not expected to receive punishment.

Michigan forwards Terrance Williams and Moussa Diabate and Wisconsin guard Jahcobi Neath were each suspended one game. All three appeared to throw punches. The disciplinary actions were imposed by the Big Ten, in conjunction with both schools.

• 2 weeks later...

One more regular season game, then on to the tournaments which could last weeks, or be over quickly. Savor it while it lasts.

image.gif.d97bda384b8268b8b7f07ebb03450e56.gif

• Like 1