Veterans' Day mock 11/11

Eaglerick55

Good evening all. First of all---a HUGE THANK YOU to all veterans and families!! Thank you for your service and sacrifice!

I hope everyone is doing well these days. I am recovering from knee replacement surgeries this year. First in June, second in Sept. Had to miss both the ATL and CHAR games! Sucks getting old!!

Not a very good year, but not too unexpected. Our defense is VERY deficient in talent. Hence you will see that reflected in mock.

Releases/cuts---Barnett, Kerrigan, Nelson, Mcloud, Ward, Croom, Avery, JJAW, Ostman. Kelce retires, Dillard a day 2 draft-day trade to move up somewhere.

Resign---Ridgeway, Scott, Singleton, Chachere, Edwards, Herbig, Clark(or another vet LT), Harris---all 1 year. Goedert to 4 yr deal, Maddox to 2 yr deal.

Do not expect major FA signing. Move Dickerson to center. He stays there till end of decade. Have Williams add 10-15 lbs to play DT full-time. Am toying with the idea to move Maddox to safety and have KVJ as nickel. LOVE that pickup!! If Maddox moves, then Harris is expendable

Next--hate to say this but, Hutchison is not on my draft board. For 2 reasons. 1. Do you want your TOP PICK to only play 50% of plays? We still have BG and Sweat for 2 years, at least. Where does he play? 2. I watched the Mich-Mich St game following Hutchison on every play. He was at top of board for me at the time. He played both LDE and RDE, which is good, and 3 plays as joker, also good. But every play, he was in 2 point stance. EVERY PLAY!!! Cannot play a 4-3 end in NFL from 2 pt stance. He is best suited for 3-4 rush LB. Very disappointed.

I predict we will have 3 picks in 1st rd. 5,11,15. Never before has one team had 3 picks in top 25, much less top 15. We have opportunity to completely upgrade our team in one year. Howie---Please don't screw it up by trading for a top end QB! The rest of the team is not good enough to support that move. We can compete well in '22 and contend in '23.

RD 1. #5   Kyle Hamilton  Safety Notre Dame  6-4, 210. Top safety in a few years. Big help to pass defense. 

Rd 1. #11  Devin Lloyd  MLB Utah  6-3 235. Superb MLB prospect. Has no weaknesses. Sacks, Int, TFL, PD, runs sideline to sideline. Right now, most have him as late rd1. He will move up very quickly leading up to combine and draft. No other MLB even close. Has run sub 4.5

Rd 1. #15  Ahmad Gardner CB Cincinatti. 6-2  190. Top shelf CB. Has not allowed a TD pass in 3 years at college. Potential to be next Revis Island!

Rd 2   Zach Harrison  DE Ohio St  6-6 270. Replaces Barnett. Excellent potential and can contribute behind BG and Sweat.

Rd 3  Jalen Tolbert  WR South Alabama  6-3 195. Burner speed. Will need to learn entire route tree, but good value prospect. Replaces JJAW

Rd 4  Ricky Stromberg  Center Arkansas  6-4  310. Solid backup center for us. Has performed well at center against SEC talent. Also played some guard as freshman

Rd 4  TRADE both early 5's for mid 4.  Tyreke Smith DE Ohio St  6-3  265. YUP bookend DE's from OSU. Replaces Kerrigan.

Rd 5  Chris Hinton DT Michigan  6-4  313   Son of all-pro OT with Colts. Becomes 4th DT in rotation.

Rd 6  David Wright  Safety Alabama  6-1 195   B/U safety and core ST guy.

Have at it guys. Hope everyone has a good weekend and---GO BIRDS!!!

• Like 1

Based on your logic, I like the picks. Thanks.

You're going to hear a lot of "what, no quarterback?" but not from me.

Here is some of my nitpicking -

• I'd love to see a BIG running back come on board
  • I would resign Nelson if at all possible financially
  • There is room for one major free agent or a couple of mid-level talents

Good read - stay on the board with your ideas

39 minutes ago, Rob331 said:

Based on your logic, I like the picks. Thanks.

You're going to hear a lot of "what, no quarterback?" but not from me.

Here is some of my nitpicking -

• I'd love to see a BIG running back come on board
  • I would resign Nelson if at all possible financially
  • There is room for one major free agent or a couple of mid-level talents

Good read - stay on the board with your ideas

Hey Rob. Appreciate your take.

I agree a big back is necessary. I guess I should have kept Howard on the list. 

If we resign Nelson, then where does Gardner play? Rather use that money elsewhere.

I also agree that there should be money available for a decent FA or a couple of mid-guys. Just not sure what position to target yet

Rick

1 UFA that is possible is in Linc on Sunday---Marcus Williams---safety. NO has boatload of cap trouble again. Most likely will not be able to sign him back

2 good games on Saturday to watch---SMU at Cinn---ESPN at 3;30. Great chance to watch Gardner against a potent pass attack. Also, Oregon at Utah---ABC at 7:30. Great chance to watch Devin Lloyd at MLB for Utah.