Chase Young Torn ACL

Captain F

Have to wonder how this will affect his career moving forward. I dont think any player is the same after a tear. And, so much of his game is his "bend"... Will be interesting to see how he does. 

4 hours ago, What The F said:

Have to wonder how this will affect his career moving forward. I dont think any player is the same after a tear. And, so much of his game is his "bend"... Will be interesting to see how he does. 

Maybe an Achilles but, an ACL? That hasn't been that big of a deal to come.back from for a long time. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Maybe an Achilles but, an ACL? That hasn't been that big of a deal to come.back from for a long time. 

Off the top of my head I can't think of any defenders per se, but there's been some very good players to return at full strength from an ACL.  

The bigger problem with Chase is that he was having a pretty nasty sophomore slump.  He had 7.5 sacks as a rook, he only had 1.5 this year.  I think he's still a dynamic player, but you have to wonder what's going on with him.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

Off the top of my head I can't think of any defenders per se, but there's been some very good players to return at full strength from an ACL.  

The bigger problem with Chase is that he was having a pretty nasty sophomore slump.  He had 7.5 sacks as a rook, he only had 1.5 this year.  I think he's still a dynamic player, but you have to wonder what's going on with him.  

Maybe he was never that good or he is the new age player that thinks they don't have to put the work in and thought he was good to go. 

• Like 1

He's got a lot of rehab work ahead of him. I wish him a full recovery and good health.

57 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Maybe he was never that good or he is the new age player that thinks they don't have to put the work in and thought he was good to go. 

Nah, he really was an outstanding football player last year.  He was DROY and was absolutely a game changer in at least of the few games that I saw him play.   

He looked like "just a guy" this year.  An above average / good defender, but not elite.  Who knows what was going on with him, but it's a tough way to go into an injury.  

1 hour ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

Nah, he really was an outstanding football player last year.  He was DROY and was absolutely a game changer in at least of the few games that I saw him play.   

He looked like "just a guy" this year.  An above average / good defender, but not elite.  Who knows what was going on with him, but it's a tough way to go into an injury.  

Well then maybe it's the he thought he arrived and didn't put any work in going into this season. They have tape on him now it's not out of the ordinary to look amazing your rookie year then nothing the next

• Like 1