November Mock - more shot more chances to hit

Rob331

The Eagles go into this draft with 10 picks. After some trades they'll have 11 and will continue building the core of another team that will be good for a long time. Why use all these picks. Simple, we finally have a coaching staff who will use the young guys, even our 3rd day picks form last year are getting snaps and are being developed. 

With the emergence of Dickerson and Driscoll having both Seumalo and Brooks is a luxury. One of them, probably Brooks gets traded for a 4th round pick. 

During the draft Howie trades the last 1st round pick for a lower 1st and a 2nd. That gives us 6 picks in the first 96. Finally, trader Howie just can't help himself and trades a 5th and a 6th round pick for another 4. 

So we get to pick 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4, 4, 5, 5  - 11 picks in all and without those throw away 6th or 7th round picks that are a total crap shoot. 

At this point in the year many of my third day picks are based some of the rating on the draft site and a lot of height/weight/speed numbers. Bowl games, all star games, and the combine refine our mocks as we move on to April.  

1 - DE Aiden Hutchinson, Michigan. This is a chalk pick and in complete agreement with most of the mocks on this board. They're not keeping Derek (the human penalty) Barnett or Ryan (I've got no stats to show for the year) Kerrigan so they're going to need 2 defensive ends one of who has to be started material with BG coming off an injury at age 34.

1 - CB Ahmed Gardner, Cincinnati. I Generally like players from the top football factories like Alabama (Jobe), Penn State (Castro-Fields), Elam (Florida) or even Banks (Ohio State), but the Eagles have been very successful with players from Cincinnati - Trent Cole, Brent Celek, Jason Kelce so lets go with a 6'2" corner with 4.49 speed. If we don't re-sign Nelson then he will be an immediate starter. 

1- LB Brandon Smith, Penn State. They finally add a solid linebacker. Smith is big 6'3" 240 and fast 4.50 and with Anderson's legal troubles he becomes the best linebacker on the board. 

2 - C Alec Lindstrom, Boston College. If it's Brooks who gets traded then both Seumalo and Dickerson are potential centers if Kelce retires. I'd rather take arguable the best center in the country and go with him as a replacement. 

2- S Jaquan Brister, Penn State. Both McLeod and Harris are free agents and its unlikely both will get re-signed. It's even possible neither is coming back. So adding an All-American is the pick here. 

3 - DT LaBryan Ray, Alabama. Ridgeway is a free agent who we cut and re-signed and Fletcher just isn't the guy he used to be. Hargrave, Cox, Williams, and Ray will make solid rotation in 2022. 

4 -  CB Tariq Woolen, Texas San Antonio. This is completely a height-weight-speed pick on my part. My guess is that Josiah Scott steps into the slot role if Maddox isn't re-signed so developing a 6'2" corner who runs 4.48 makes sense.

4 - WR Isaiah Weston, northern Iowa. Another H-W-S pick to replace JJAW on the roster. Weston is 6'$ and runs 4.45 so maybe he can be what we expected from JJAW. 

4 - S Nick Grant, Virginia. Even is either McLeod or Harris is retained Grant will be competition for Epps and Wallace. He's another of my H-W-S guys at 6'3" and 4.49

5- DE Tariquois Tisdale (don't you just love the name) Mississippi. 6'5" 285 4.75. Kerrigan's replacement. 

5 - RB Hassan Haskins, Michigan. I really like Jordan Howard, but is he going to come back and be the guy he is today. Haskins is another big guy who can answer the short yardage bell is Howard can't.  

Rob!

No comments whatsoever! I really like what you did here. Don’t know if you have to use a first on Brandon Smith cause I don’t think he’ll go in the first but that’s nitpicking.

Really good job, man! 👊🏻

20 hours ago, Ray75 said:

Rob!

No comments whatsoever! I really like what you did here. Don’t know if you have to use a first on Brandon Smith cause I don’t think he’ll go in the first but that’s nitpicking.

Really good job, man! 👊🏻

Thanks, glad you liked it. What would you think about moving Lindstrom to 1st and Smith to 2nd - would that be better or more realistic in your opinion?

18 minutes ago, Rob331 said:

Thanks, glad you liked it. What would you think about moving Lindstrom to 1st and Smith to 2nd - would that be better or more realistic in your opinion?

IMO both are 2nd / 3rd rounders.

On most boards.the only LB’s worthy of a first round selection are Lloyd and Dean.

I wouldn’t change a thing. It’s good like it is...

On 11/21/2021 at 11:28 AM, matchew88 said:

what do you think we do in FA? Do we get a WR2?

LB Kwon Alexander from the Saints. He really impressed me yesterday and the Saints are way over the cap

19 hours ago, Rob331 said:

LB Kwon Alexander from the Saints. He really impressed me yesterday and the Saints are way over the cap

Cheaper to use our well-developed home grown LBers now