Week 12: Bears @ Lions (Thanksgiving)

AlpineEagle

We need the Bears to win some games so as to not gift the Giants a super high pick in next year's draft. The Lions winning or losing games has no effect on the Eagles unless you want to look at strength-of-schedule tiebreaks for draft positioning, which is something that rarely comes down to one game. [edit -- And I realize that in this tiebreaker scenario, we would want the Lions to lose so as to make our strength of schedule even worse. So no matter how you look at it, a Lions win would be hurtful to Eagles.]

Firstly, happy thanksgiving to the vast majority of this message board which is American based. 

From a non American perspective I’ve always found the lions being on first on thanksgiving day, as a way for the NFL to help it’s fans who most likely were celebrating the night before and are possibly a bit tender the next morning and it gives non lions fans, a pick me up, because at least they can say, "well at least we aren’t lions fans,” so it’s makes them feel better about themselves. That’s just a theory.

1 hour ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

We need the Bears to win some games so as to not gift the Giants a super high pick in next year's draft. The Lions winning or losing games has no effect on the Eagles unless you want to look at strength-of-schedule tiebreaks for draft positioning, which is something that rarely comes down to one game.

Or, maybe we want the giants ahead of us in 1st round picks.  They are no better at it than us.  Even worse maybe.  

they are going oline or qb anyways.  They could pick 2 times before our 1st pick actually and it wouldn’t hurt us I don’t think

Wts I doubt I want a minute of that game.  I’ll check out the raiders though.  Would be so sweet to start of the holidays with watching the cowboys choke at home. 

5 minutes ago, pisceschica said:

What happened to fields?

He left the game last week with a rib injury which is why dalton played. The bears win in a bad football game but there was some awful lack to what’s happening on the field with the lions, as they called two TOs in a row when they should know that’s a penalty.

Archived