4 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB should I target?

• Kirk Cousins MIN
    • Derek Carr LV
    • Mac Jones NE
    • Ryan Tannehill TEN
    • Other? Post his name.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/01/2021 at 05:00 AM

I am starting Jalen Hurts at QB, with Justin Fields stashed. But now both guys are banged up. Who should I target as backup QB for insurance?

I think the top options available are Cousins, Carr, and Mac Jones... Tannehill has done a whole lot of nothing this year, but he's out there too. I like the upside of QBs who run, so what about Daniel Jones, Trevor Lawrence, or Tyrod Taylor? Who should my top waiver pick be?

i'd go with cousins or carr.

i've been starting hurts all year too. i'm a bit worried he'll get benched at some point after how bad he looked yesterday. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

i'd go with cousins or carr.

i've been starting hurts all year too. i'm a bit worried he'll get benched at some point after how bad he looked yesterday. 

That's my fear too...

Who do I target first? Is Cousins that much better than Carr? I really like Carr's schedule through the end of the season.

10 minutes ago, toolg said:

That's my fear too...

Who do I target first? Is Cousins that much better than Carr? I really like Carr's schedule through the end of the season.

the site i use has cousins 2 spots ahead of carr ROY...so they're ranked pretty much the same. 

if hurts gets benched, i'll probably be stuck starting tannehill. <_<  nothing on waivers in my league. 

10 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

the site i use has cousins 2 spots ahead of carr ROY...so they're ranked pretty much the same. 

if hurts gets benched, i'll probably be stuck starting tannehill. <_<  nothing on waivers in my league. 

If I had to reach that far down, I might stream QBs through to the end of the season. Tannehill is off next week, so Daniel Jones vs. Dolphins might be appealing. Then Tannehill vs. Jags Week 14. Etc.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, toolg said:

If I had to reach that far down, I might stream QBs through to the end of the season. Tannehill is off next week, so Daniel Jones vs. Dolphins might be appealing. Then Tannehill vs. Jags Week 14. Etc.

agreed.  i'll roll with hurts against the jets week 13...well, if he's not benched. :lol:  then tannehill vs the jags in week 14 with hurts on bye. we'll see after that. 

mac has been playing really well irl....but new england runs the sheet out of the ball so he doesn't get a chance to put up many fantasy pts. 

4 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

don't sleep on taysom hill.  he put up good numbers as a starter last season. 

Interesting thought. So the Saints are moving on from Siemian? I suppose  4 losses in a row will put you on the bench.  

I made claims for Taysom Hill, Carr, and Cousins in that order.... Hill went first, to a team with a higher waiver claim. I got my #2 Carr. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, toolg said:

I made claims for Taysom Hill, Carr, and Cousins in that order.... Hill went first, to a team with a higher waiver claim. I got my #2 Carr. 

you should be okay with carr...he's having a nice season. 

i'm really hoping hurts plays this week...otherwise i'll have to pick up a guy like jimmy g, tyrod, big ben, or danny jones &  plug them right into my starting lineup. :meh:  i would've been all over taysom if they weren't playing on thursday. 

4 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

i'm really hoping hurts plays this week...otherwise i'll have to pick up a guy like jimmy g, tyrod, big ben, or danny jones &  plug them right into my starting lineup. :meh:  i would've been all over taysom if they weren't playing on thursday. 

Hill is still banged up too.... But if Hill starts at QB on Thursday, I would have been forced to play him over Hurts questionable. Bad foot and all.
I like having Carr, if only for the fact he plays on Sunday. So Hurts is still an option all the way up to kickoff Sunday.

We start 2 qbs in my league and I roll with cousins and jimmy G most games.  I have Danny dimes as well but he’s meh most games.  No upside to him.  I just picked up Hill and I may start him over jimmy G simply because I need a Hail Mary kind of week now that kamara is out (I’m also without king henry, Adams on a bye, and hopkins may not be 100% if he’s back).  So I’m looking for the boom guys!  I sit at the 2 seed right now but behind me is a mess of .500 teams and A win could lock up 2 seed for me. 

17 hours ago, DBW said:

I just picked up Hill and I may start him over jimmy G

I would have started Hill in a 2 QB league.

2 hours ago, toolg said:

I would have started Hill in a 2 QB league.

I did end up starting him.  29pts.  Wise decision!!! 

On 12/1/2021 at 10:49 AM, mr_hunt said:

you should be okay with carr...he's having a nice season. 

boy, did i screw the pooch!  :lol: picked up tyrod when i saw that hurts might be out. dude got me 1.5 points. i was deciding between him & jimmy g...and chose poorly. 

i still won though...opponent had a bad week & pollard, goedert, & godwin carried me.