Way too early 2021 Mock Draft (3 Rounds)

philafan4o8

1st Round: Creed Humphrey - G/C - Oklahoma: Humphrey with a wrestling background, loves to be physical. Nasty lineman that can come in and play guard or center. Will likely be the replacement to Jason Kelce who may retire after the season. We know the Eagles like to build among the offensive and defensive line.

2nd Round: Rondale Moore - WR - Purdue: Now it is possible Moore can be 2nd rounder. Next year's WR class is almost just as loaded as this last class that came through 2020 draft. Hopefully JJ Arcega-Whiteside has a solid season and solidifies himself on the outside then we would be set with Reagor and Whiteside (hopefully). Then we can bring in Rondale Moore and he can be an elite slot WR. He is a bit undersized but the talent is there. Highly recruited out of HS he chose to go to Purdue over Ohio State, Texas and more. This pick was close between Amon-ra St Brown from USC but I give the nod to Moore due to speed.

3rd Round: Isaiah Pola-Mao - S - USC: This one is a tough one. Pola-Mao can have another great season and can be picked in round 1 or 2 next season but I will just put him here at 3 because too early to have big board lol. Pola-Mao is nephew of Troy Polamalu. Pola-Mao is a very physical safety that is willing to tackle, has the smarts and size to make up for the athleticism when the ball is in the air and may be one of the best center-fielders I have seen in a long time from the safety position. He has had some injury issues in high school and at USC and is not the most athletic safety. Would be an excellent replacement for Rodney McLeod.

• Like 2

I’m really interested in how our safeties play this year. McLeod is gone soon enough, but if Mills, Wallace, and Parker pan out at safety we’re probably better off draft another position we need like QB. Can’t be a factory without supplies. 

3 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

I’m really interested in how our safeties play this year. McLeod is gone soon enough, but if Mills, Wallace, and Parker pan out at safety we’re probably better off draft another position we need like QB. Can’t be a factory without supplies. 

Lol to the QB factory

I may be wrong, but I feel like a lot of those guys are more comfortable filling that Jenkins role. Playing close to line of scrimmage, covering the slot WRs, covering TE and RBs. Again, I can be wrong but that is my perception of them.

We need a center fielder at FS like McLeod since we play a lot of single high. We need a safety with range

Tracey's kid is in college? Holy hell I'm old. Feel like Maika just got out of high school. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Thanks for that  - sort of gets the blood pumping. 

The draft will be more interesting than ever if the college season doesn't come off a usual. Imagine if there is no season or if they play in the winter or spring. 

• 2 months later...

I don't even know what they need. 

What about a play making DE? That's actually a major major need!

What about a young legit corner?

What about a new LT. And Center? 

We can perhaps kick the can down the road another year on the RG as Brooks should be back and Pryor is actually pretty good there (no idea why he's not starting there).

• Like 1

17 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I don't even know what they need. 

What about a play making DE? That's actually a major major need!

What about a young legit corner?

What about a new LT. And Center? 

We can perhaps kick the can down the road another year on the RG as Brooks should be back and Pryor is actually pretty good there (no idea why he's not starting there).

If the Eagles will have a bad season and a top 15 pick, they’ll probably go DE.

Problem is that they picked a bad year to stink. The DE class is not that good this year. There’s no Chase Young to be found and if it did, they’d probably not be in range to snag him. Instead they’ll probably have to settle for a Barnett kinda talent...

The DB, OL and WR class look promising though.

38 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

If the Eagles will have a bad season and a top 15 pick, they’ll probably go DE.

Top 15? Bud this team is headed for a top 10 if not top 5 type season I think. 

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Top 15? Bud this team is headed for a top 10 if not top 5 type season I think. 

Well, I’m not as pessimistic as you are but agree this ship could sink very fast with a couple of losses in the early part of the schedule.

Bad time to suck though, cap strabbed and with a strange college season in which it’ll be extra hard to evaluate talent.

Some really good DB’s, WR’s and O-linemen should be there or within reach in the top 15 though.

20 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

Well, I’m not as pessimistic as you are but agree this ship could sink very fast with a couple of losses in the early part of the schedule.

Bad time to suck though, cap strabbed and with a strange college season in which it’ll be extra hard to evaluate talent.

Some really good DB’s, WR’s and O-linemen should be there or within reach in the top 15 though.

I just don't think this team is very good bud. 

Where is the star power? Wentz? But behind an ageing OL that can't sustain another injury. 

The defense did OK on Sunday but I'm still not convinced by it. Cox was a star but the last couple of years he's been showing signs of declining. I'm not one bit convinced by Maddox at outside corner. And at DE the cupboard is just about empty. 

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I just don't think this team is very good bud. 

Where is the star power? Wentz? But behind an ageing OL that can't sustain another injury. 

The defense did OK on Sunday but I'm still not convinced by it. Cox was a star but the last couple of years he's been showing signs of declining. I'm not one bit convinced by Maddox at outside corner. And at DE the cupboard is just about empty. 

FYI I don’t even view Wentz as a stud until he convinces me otherwise.

If they really suck this year and it were up to me, I’d tear the whole team down and only keep a handful of players to build a new one. Everybody’s for sale for the right price...even Wentz and Cox. But that’s just me...

Let’s pause for a moment and wait and see what happens this season but IMO there are no excuses anymore...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ray75 said:

If they really suck this year and it were up to me, I’d tear the whole team down and only keep a handful of players to build a new one. Everybody’s for sale for the right price...even Wentz and Cox. But that’s just me...

You and me both my friend! I'd almost prefer that really...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I like the second and third picks but think our line has over achieved this year while having horrible injury luck. 

This team has so many needs, it almost doesnt even matter what positions/order they pick them.

Needs...

3 LB's

CB

2 DE

T

G

C

QB??

RB

S

they need help at nearly every position. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

to my defense this was created before I found out they were one of the worse teams in the league lol

• 2 weeks later...

No worries philafan - thanks for taking the leap.

With the free agents they just can't resign since they're $60M over the cap they will need a starting corner, a backup corner, a DE3 a DE4 , 2 linebackers, 3 safeties, a developmental QB, and a RB (preferably a big one) just to fill out the roster.