Weekly line thread: Eagles -6.5 at Jets

Hawkeye

Another trip up the turnpike and another week as road favorites at Met Life stadium.  Personally I wouldn't touch either side of an Eagles game because we have no idea what we're getting or even who's going to start at QB (pending Hurts' ankle issue).

Line: Eagles -6.5 Jets
Total: 45
ML: Eagles -280/Jets +230

• Like 1

On 11/30/2021 at 6:09 PM, dawkins4prez said:

Vegas daring you to take the jets.  Eagles 38-12.

Not feeling us putting up 38.  We are at our best when we are a run heavy offense.  We have Hurts who will be somewhat limited with an ankle injury, Howard out, Sanders who was injured ... he may play but will be less than 100%.  This is a game where we will likely be forced to throw more and because of that will limit our scoring opportunities.  I'll be surprised if we put up more than 17-20.  

10 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Not feeling us putting up 38.  We are at our best when we are a run heavy offense.  We have Hurts who will be somewhat limited with an ankle injury, Howard out, Sanders who was injured ... he may play but will be less than 100%.  This is a game where we will likely be forced to throw more and because of that will limit our scoring opportunities.  I'll be surprised if we put up more than 17-20.  

We'll get turnovers and all that jazz.  Slay & Co. have been feasting on this type of Qb all year long.

1 hour ago, dawkins4prez said:

We'll get turnovers and all that jazz.  Slay & Co. have been feasting on this type of Qb all year long.

I still expect a game plan more similar to last weekend's ... more pass heavy than we have been (relatively speaking).  They just need to get Smith and Goedert more involved and we should be fine.  And Hurts needs to be smarter with the ball.  TBH I don't mind going more pass ... it forces Hurts to learn from his mistakes and develop that part of his game more.  Right now that is more important (to me, at least) than rattling off a few more wins and backing into the playoffs.  

17 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I don't see the Eagles covering that's for sure. Do they win? Sure but I don't trust this team. 

I hope they win but I don't think you can say "sure they do".  We operate best as a running team - Hurts is limited as is Sanders, Howard is out, and Scott is questionable (the injury report that came out yesterday stated he did not participate in practice).

greger2.thumb.JPG.796278d74c123486a9ec93adb3503406.JPG

So not sure how effective the running game is going to be.  Likely will be more pass heavy than usual - guessing this is a closer contest than people think and could go either way.  

Wonder if they call Huntley up for this game?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

I hope they win but I don't think you can say "sure they do".  We operate best as a running team - Hurts is limited as is Sanders, Howard is out, and Scott is questionable (the injury report that came out yesterday stated he did not participate in practice).

So not sure how effective the running game is going to be.  Likely will be more pass heavy than usual - guessing this is a closer contest than people think and could go either way.  

That’s a long list of banged up guys. Two backs down, with Sanders also with a gimpy ankle. Don’t see how the Eagles are getting nearly a touchdown in this one. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

That’s a long list of banged up guys. Two backs down, with Sanders also with a gimpy ankle. Don’t see how the Eagles are getting nearly a touchdown in this one. 

Yeah that doesn't make for good reading for a run based team. 

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah that doesn't make for good reading for a run based team. 

Well Minshew is supposedly starting so according to some all the problems with the team are solved.

8 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Well Minshew is supposedly starting so according to some all the problems with the team are solved.

I have to say (and you know that you and I have sensible conversations about Hurts) I'm sort of looking forward to seeing this offense with a more traditional passer. And look I'm not for a second thinking it is going to be mega. 

17 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I have to say (and you know that you and I have sensible conversations about Hurts) I'm sort of looking forward to seeing this offense with a more traditional passer. And look I'm not for a second thinking it is going to be mega. 

I’ve written multiple times that Hurts needs to be better. I’ve been more than critical of the dude, but some people around here take things irrationally too far. With that being the case I don’t care if it’s Hurts, Minshew, Sinnett, Kolb, retraded for Wentz, Foles, and whoever else. All I care about is if the team wins. If Minshew wins this game I’m happy. If a one legged Hurts wins this game I’m happy. If the Eagles run for 500 yards and pass for zero, but get a win I’m happy. Winning football games is what matters. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

If that is true, the Jets may earn their first franchise victory against us on Sunday. I don't believe Minshew is an NFL QB. I hope he proves me wrong. 

10 hours ago, time2rock said:

Yeah, The Offensive Coordinator is going to have the back up QB throw the ball 50 times because of no run game. I wonder what the Minshew over/under $ line is. on passes attempted.

4 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

If that is true, the Jets may earn their first franchise victory against us on Sunday. I don't believe Minshew is an NFL QB. I hope he proves me wrong. 

Minshew is the new Fitzmagick.  He'll be around for a good long while.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jsdarkstar said:

No worries. Minshew Mania will carry him through. Besides it’s the Jets! 

• Like 1

I think the Eagles will cover. The Jets are a bad team.

8 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’ve written multiple times that Hurts needs to be better. I’ve been more than critical of the dude, but some people around here take things irrationally too far. With that being the case I don’t care if it’s Hurts, Minshew, Sinnett, Kolb, retraded for Wentz, Foles, and whoever else. All I care about is if the team wins. If Minshew wins this game I’m happy. If a one legged Hurts wins this game I’m happy. If the Eagles run for 500 yards and pass for zero, but get a win I’m happy. Winning football games is what matters. 

Agreed and you know I've tried to be pretty balanced about Hurts. Sure game days when he's stinking it up I'm more critical but that's me on game day. I want Hurts to succeed but I suspect he won't as I don't think he's got the talent in terms of his arm and reading of plays. But hey I still want him to succeed. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Agreed and you know I've tried to be pretty balanced about Hurts. Sure game days when he's stinking it up I'm more critical but that's me on game day. I want Hurts to succeed but I suspect he won't as I don't think he's got the talent in terms of his arm and reading of plays. But hey I still want him to succeed. 

I have my concerns with Hurts, but I also like his work ethic. I am pretty much in the middle when it comes to Hurts. He has to do better from the pocket, but it would help if they got him some more talent. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I have my concerns with Hurts, but I also like his work ethic. I am pretty much in the middle when it comes to Hurts. He has to do better from the pocket, but it would help if they got him some more talent. 

He's a guy you can easily root for that's for absolute sure. 

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

He's throwing to his TE and a rookie. Who's the #3 target here, Quez Watkins?  You just don't see any successful offenses out there with so few caliber targets.  Even New England is spreading it around to 4-5 different guys with decent track records.  Heck we just saw the Cowboys high octane offense tank when they were down the top 2 targets.

2 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

He's throwing to his TE and a rookie. Who's the #3 target here, Quez Watkins?  You just don't see any successful offenses out there with so few caliber targets.  Even New England is spreading it around to 4-5 different guys with decent track records.  Heck we just saw the Cowboys high octane offense tank when they were down the top 2 targets.

Well today we are going to see how much of it is him and how much of it is his weapons. 

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He's a guy you can easily root for that's for absolute sure. 

Yeah, but I could root for Minshew too. I don’t think he’s some guy who can carry the team or anything. Same stuff. Run the ball a lot. And keep his stuff fairly limited. Overall any game a quarterback needs to throw it 40-50 times is more than likely a loss.

• Like 1

Have to believe the Jets are going to make Minshew beat them and load up against the run.  I think he can. 31-17 Eagles.